Jonathan

Pagosa Springs

Looking for a good scenic route to take from Pagosa to Tucson

My wife and I are road tripping through Colorado. I have everything planned out except the return trip - Pagosa Springs to Tucson. I was wondering if there are any recommendations for a good route with things to see/do on the way back? 

Claire from Fort Worth, Texas

Pagosa Springs to Tucson  You can drive down to Chamaand ride the Cumbres Tolec Scenic Railroad to Antonito  (either a four or 7 hour trip depending on which one you choose) 

They will bus you back to Chama, and you can drive from there to Santa Fe and pick up 25 which will  take you to 10 and back into Tucson.  If you are in Santa Fe try to spend some time in Taos if you can 

Or you can go up to Durango (where you  can ride the Durango and Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad.)   West of Durango, head for Cortez where you can pick up the road to Four Corners Monument From there you can head south until you pick up 10 into Tucson, 

Also, there are 5 major National Parks in Southeastern Utah, if you haven't been there yet. 

1. Pagosa Springs (attraction)
  2. Tucson (city)
  3. Chama (city)
  4. Cumbres Tolec Scenic Railroad (attraction)
  5. Antonito (attraction)
  6. Santa Fe (city)
  7. Tucson (city)
  8. Santa Fe (city)
  9. Taos (city)
  10. Durango (city)
  11. Durango and Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad (attraction)
  12. Cortez (city)
  13. Four Corners Monument (attraction)