Pacifica

Best free things to do in Pacifica?

I'm going to be in Pacifica next month and will be on a pretty tight budget. I'm looking for the best free and inexpensive things to check out! I love the outdoors, art, museums, you name it. Thanks!

Kourosh from Pacifica

Since you love the outdoors, you should definitely take a hike up to Mori Point. There are a couple of ways to get there -- my favorite is to start from Pacifica Pier and walk south. If you're there the right time of the year, you'll see whales. The view on Mori Point itself is amazing. 

You should also check out Linda Mar Beach, also known as the Taco Bell Beach. As the name suggests, there is a Taco Bell there, right on the beach with most amazing view. Walk a little south to Pedro Point and check out the quaint surf shacks and tide pools.

Pacifica is sadly lacking in culture -- no notable art of museums. There's  a handful of good restaurants. My faves are Gorilla BarbecuePuerto 27 and The Surf Spot

1. Mori Point (attraction)
  2. Linda Mar Beach (attraction)
  3. Pedro Point (neighborhood)
  4. Gorilla Barbecue (restaurant)
  5. Puerto 27 (attraction)
  6. The Surf Spot (restaurant)

Peter from Munich

Another great hike I can recommend is the Devil's Slide Trail. This used to be Highway 1 before the tunnel was completed. Now it's a brand new bike and walking path.

http://gatetoadventures.com/devils-slide-trail-near-san-francisco/

If you have a car, cruise south on Highway 1.

1. Devil's Slide Trail (attraction)