Selina

Pacific Coast Hwy

Suggestions on activities

Planning a road trip from Huntington Beach to Monterey. Where is the best stop along the way to a) ride horses on the beach that is a remote and romantic as possible b) rent dune buggies to go very fast and be wreck less c) play golf where it's beautiful but not outrageously expensive d) go on a picturesque hike where we can swim after d) swim in a hot spring ??

Pebble Beach equestrian center has coastal trail rides - don't know if that is close enough to the beach for you. 

There is a dune buggy rental place in Oceano but I don't know how reckless they will allow you to be. 

As far as I know, there are not many hot springs available between Monterey and Huntington Beach  There is one in Big Sur but since a good part of highway one is closed, I don't know if you can get to it.  The ocean along there is quite cold, so swimming in it without some kind of wet suit is not something I would do and I don't really mind cold water.

Affordable Monterey area golf courses

Pacific Grove Golf Links Rates: Range from $20 to $48

Laguna Seca Golf Ranch Rates: Range from $20 to $70

Pebble Beach Poppy Hills Golf Course Rates: Range from $47 to $200

Monterey Del Monte Golf Course Rate: $110

Bayonet Golf Course  in Seaside (California) Rates: Range from $35 to $120

1. Pebble Beach (attraction)
  2. Oceano (city)
  3. Monterey (city)
  4. Huntington Beach (attraction)
  5. Big Sur (city)
  6. Pacific Grove (city)
  7. Seaside (California) (city)