Selina

Pacific Coast Hwy

Suggestions on activities

Planning a road trip from Huntington Beach to Monterey. Where is the best stop along the way to a) ride horses on the beach that is a remote and romantic as possible b) rent dune buggies to go very fast and be wreck less c) play golf where it's beautiful but not outrageously expensive d) go on a picturesque hike where we can swim after d) swim in a hot spring ??

Pebble Beach equestrian center has coastal trail rides - don't know if that is close enough to the beach for you. 

There is a dune buggy rental place in Oceano but I don't know how reckless they will allow you to be. 

As far as I know, there are not many hot springs available between Monterey and Huntington Beach  There is one in Big Sur but since a good part of highway one is closed, I don't know if you can get to it.  The ocean along there is quite cold, so swimming in it without some kind of wet suit is not something I would do and I don't really mind cold water.

Affordable Monterey area golf courses

Pacific Grove Golf Links Rates: Range from $20 to $48

Laguna Seca Golf Ranch Rates: Range from $20 to $70

Pebble Beach Poppy Hills Golf Course Rates: Range from $47 to $200

Monterey Del Monte Golf Course Rate: $110

Bayonet Golf Course  in Seaside (California) Rates: Range from $35 to $120

1. Pebble Beach (attraction)
  2. Oceano (city)
  3. Monterey (city)
  4. Huntington Beach (attraction)
  5. Big Sur (city)
  6. Pacific Grove (city)
  7. Pebble Beach (attraction)
  8. Monterey (city)
  9. Seaside (California) (city)