Joel
Declo, Idaho

Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, Mali

3 days in Burkina Faso and Mali, what should I do?

I've got 3 days in Burkina Faso and Mali. I really want to see the Dogon people in Mali, but want to create a route between the two cities by airports. I was considering traveling between Bamako and Ouagadougou or OUA and Niamey. I'm planning on going at the end of January and could use any advice on the area.

Shireen from Hong Kong

Make sure you see W National Park. Amazing wildlife in a beautiful setting. It's a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

1. W National Park (attraction)

Bryan from Raleigh

If you want to fly into Mali and see the Dogon Plateau & Dogon area, it would be faster and closer for you to get a flight into Mopti. The Mopti-Sevare area is one of the launchpads for trips into Dogon country due to the close proximity and abundance of local guides. (Ask for "Big Hasimi", he was our guide and he was terrific).

Ideally you would want a few days in the Dogon area so that you could trek from village to village along the cliff, but you could still see some of it in a day trip from Mopti if that's all the time you have.

1. Dogon Plateau (attraction)
  2. Mopti (attraction)