Ben
Helsinki

Oslo

Authentic Oslo

I'm in Oslo for 2.5 days and I'm hoping to see something off the beaten path - something that will make an excellent memory but isn't a main tourist attraction. All suggestions welcome!

Stefania

Hey! I'm from Oslo :) My favorite places, which I personally recommend to anyone coming to visit, are: Aker Brygge - the harbor is both tranquil and bustling with people at the same time, you can enjoy a stroll watching all kinds of boats, stop and have a coffee or lunch at one of the many restaurants along the promenade, see the new fancy area called Tjuvholmen, or walk up to the fortress, which offers an incredible view of the city, especially at night! Next is Grünerløkka, a trendy and multicultural area of the city praised for its many bars, cafés, restaurants and vintage shops - there are many parks in this area, as there are almost anywhere in Oslo, and you are close to Mathallen Oslo, a food lover's heaven, and Tim Wendelboe, the best coffee in town :) I wish I knew more about what you like to see and do when you travel, then I could recommend specific places! But I hope this information will be at least of some use to you - enjoy your stay in my lovely city!

1. Aker Brygge (attraction)
  2. Tjuvholmen (neighborhood)
  3. Grünerløkka (metro area)
  4. Mathallen Oslo (restaurant)
  5. Tim Wendelboe (restaurant)