Ben
Helsinki

Ben from Helsinki asked

Authentic Oslo

I'm in Oslo for 2.5 days and I'm hoping to see something off the beaten path - something that will make an excellent memory but isn't a main tourist attraction. All suggestions welcome!

Oslo (Norway)

Stefania

Hey! I'm from Oslo :) My favorite places, which I personally recommend to anyone coming to visit, are: Aker Brygge - the harbor is both tranquil and bustling with people at the same time, you can enjoy a stroll watching all kinds of boats, stop and have a coffee or lunch at one of the many restaurants along the promenade, see the new fancy area called Tjuvholmen, or walk up to the fortress, which offers an incredible view of the city, especially at night! Next is Grünerløkka, a trendy and multicultural area of the city praised for its many bars, cafés, restaurants and vintage shops - there are many parks in this area, as there are almost anywhere in Oslo, and you are close to Mathallen Oslo, a food lover's heaven, and Tim Wendelboe, the best coffee in town :) I wish I knew more about what you like to see and do when you travel, then I could recommend specific places! But I hope this information will be at least of some use to you - enjoy your stay in my lovely city!

Jillian
Such a great answer, Stefania! I wanted to let you know that we've helped you geo-tag the places that you mentioned in your answer so that they appear on a map next to it. Check it out! You can also do this yourself in future answers by simply typing the @-symbol and then the name of the place as you're typing your answer. :)

Stefania
Genius! Thank you Jillian :) Just one small correction: Grünerløkka is spelled with one "n" ^^

Jillian
Fixed, thank you!!!

1. Aker Brygge (attraction)
  2. Tjuvholmen (attraction)
  3. Grünerløkka (metro area)
  4. Mathallen Oslo (restaurant)
  5. Tim Wendelboe (restaurant)