Amy
Waltham, Massachusetts

Orlando

Hotels near nightlife and parks

I will be traveling to Orlando for business but will have several days of vacation time first.  It will be myself and 2 of my friends.  We are looking for a nice hotel not super kid friendly or expensive but near shopping, dining and entertainment.  We will be going to the parks a couple of days so shuttle service from the hotel would be a perk!  I have looked at the Marriott Word Center, Wyndham and will be staying at the Hyatt for the business part of the trip.  Any thoughts would be great!

Thank you!

Amy

Courtney from San Diego

Hi Amy,

It's such a nice time of year for Orlando. Considering your situation, I would recommend  Lake Buena Vista Resort. It's in proximity to the theme parks and I-Drive which is fun and accessible for nightlife and dining. I think the The Orlando Eye is worth a ride. The hotel has shuttle service to all the major attractions. The closer you get to the hub and heart of things (without staying right on Disney properties) you're going to encounter kid-friendly everything. This hotel is no different - but  I definitely think it's the closest you can come to having adult options (like the spa and the poolside bar) and enough quiet and privacy to justify being there on business. Anyway, hope that helps!

1. The Orlando Eye (attraction)
  2. Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa (hotel)