Deb

Deb asked

Drive from Los Angeles to Orlando Florida

Cities to stop Drive from Los Angeles to Orlando Florida 

Los Angeles (California) Orlando (Florida)

I did this trip 4-5 years ago. Start at Santa Monica Pier and put some sand in a jar. Pass through Palm Springs. Do not stop in El Paso. Mesillais the special stop. You just are taking I-10 E to l-75 Sto l-4 E. So pick a city in Texas with a hotel you like. Get the rewards card and reserve 4 nights on l 10. One in New OrleansLos AngelesBiloxiOrange Beachl. Biloxi, MS is about 10 hours. It takes about 8 hours to drive 500 miles. That is a nice day's drive. It is a 4-6 day drive. Do not fight on the trip, do not complain on the trip. Enjoy it, as a quest. Name it.

1. Santa Monica Pier (restaurant)
  2. Palm Springs (city)
  3. El Paso (city)
  4. Mesilla (city)
  5. Texas (attraction)
  6. New Orleans (city)
  7. Los Angeles (city)
  8. Biloxi (city)
  9. Orange Beach (city)

Last time I did this was in 1966 and it was before there were many interstates and there was no WDW (only Disneyland)  Also I was traveling with two children age 6 and 4 and my parents.  So we made many more stops than you might make if all you wanted to do was get from one place to the other as fast as possible. 

We visited the Grand Canyon National Park and went through Four Corners to Mesa Verde National Park.  From there we visit the Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve because my parents went there on their honeymoon and then we went to visit my uncle and aunt in Denver.  After that we went to see relatives in Oklahoma at Fort Sill and then we stopped visiting places and got to Florida as soon as we could.

If I were doing it today, I'd skip the Sand Dunes and just go right to Dallas and then from there along the Gulf Coast Pensacola

Plan your route along l-10. Pick out destinations or caves or miseums along the way. New Orleans has unforgetable architecture. Also a great zoo. I navigate to Cafe DuMonde. Park near there. Then take a carriage ride through the French Quarter There are many hotels or airbnb to stay in.

1. New Orleans (city)
  2. Cafe DuMonde (restaurant)
  3. French Quarter (restaurant)
John from Chicago

Here's a starting point for a 5-day trip from LA to Orlando. For such a long trip, you might want to check out the major cities along the way, like PhoenixAustinHouston, and Baton Rouge.

If you have time to explore, you could stop by the Carlsbad Caverns National Park too.

1. Phoenix (city)
  2. Austin (city)
  3. Houston (city)
  4. Baton Rouge (city)
  5. Carlsbad Caverns National Park (park)