• Robyn Baldwin
  • "Activities for Bucket List Outdoor Adventure Traveller"

Robyn Baldwin

Toronto

Activities for Bucket List Outdoor Adventure Traveller

I'll be in Orlando at the end of February, beginning of March for the doTERRA Leadership Retreat and am an avid bucket list crosser offer & outdoor adventure seeker. What are your suggestions that don't involve a theme park?

• RosalieAnn Beasley

There are a lot of things to do in the Orlando area outside of the parks, but most of the things I've done are not the adventure types of things - at least recently. And it depends on how far you want to go away from Orlando. But here are some suggestions.

My son did the Richard Petty driving experience after a visit to WDW (WDW is really not in Orlando proper). Apparently this isn't available in Orlando anymore - the current website just lists Daytona Beach

http://www.drivepetty.com/

Winter Park (Florida)Winter Park (north of Orlando - Winter Garden is south) has a boat tour of their canals. Very nice and interesting but not active. There's also Waterhouse Shop and Museum (woodworking) and the Harry P. Leu Gardens which has over 3 miles of garden paths and lots of different plants to see in the garden plus there was a tour of the house (no pictures allowed inside).

There's a War Bird Museum down in KissimmeeKissimmee

Lake WalesLake Wales has the Bok tower, which has some nice walks and a museum, and Spook Hill.

Cypress Gardens is near there too - it was a water ski show back in the day. Last time I went it was a water park and now it seems to be part of LEGOLAND, but it has a botanic garden.

If you wanted to go over to the east coast, there is Merritt IslandMerritt Island National Wildlife Refuge and the astronaut stuff around Titusville (Florida), and Cape Canaveral

1. Daytona Beach (city)
    2. Winter Park (Florida) (city)
    3. Kissimmee (city)
    4. Lake Wales (city)
    5. Merritt Island (city)
    6. Titusville (Florida) (city)
    7. Cape Canaveral (city)

• ·
    • ·

Send RosalieAnn a Thank You Note