Mary
Phoenix

Mary from Phoenix asked

5 days in orlando not Disney

My husband and I will have 5 full days to explore central Florida. No theme parks please.

Orlando

Krystie

Harry P. Leu Gardens, The Winter Park Boat Tour, Kennedy Space Center, Central Florida Zoo, Orange County History Museum. These are all places that I have been often and love to go. 

Mary
We have gone to the manatee preserve today. Beautiful. Saw a young manatee with 3 adults. We will be going to the Space Center, OC History Museum and either Bok Towers or Leu Gardens. Which one is better?

David
If you stay near Disney, you can completely avoid the theme parks and still have an awesome vacation at Disney. For instance, you can book a charter boat to fish, you can also take an archery class. We also have taken an airboat excursion. There are museums around Lakeland including a Tiffany and Lalique museum. Bok Towers is also a great destination. And they have a Manatee reserve in the area.

Mary
Which do you like better. The Bok Tower or Leu Garden?

Peter from Orlando
Some suggestions, Kennedy space center, that can easily be a full day. The beach, I prefer Coco, but if you want most touristy area go to daytona. If you have the time Tampa area offers a nice aquarium, and their old town area is nice. Orlando has some nice museums. Take a trip up to St. Augustine, good historical sights and lots of nice places to eat.

Mary
Thanks. We will do the Kennedy space center for sure. We will head to Tampa and Clearwater as well. And Charles Hosmer Morse is on our list. Are the Harry P. Leu gardens your choice for botanical visit? And for manatees we plan on Blue Spring unless you recommend something that might be better.

Mary
Spent a week in St. Augustine a couple years ago. I must say that trip is hard to beat. The history is amazing.

Peter
Leu gardens is nice and Blue Springs in nice, of course it will depend on the weather · (1 like)