Melissa
Portland

Melissa from Portland asked

Best shopping in Orange County?

I'm going to be in Orange County for a week and want to do some shopping! I will have a car to get around - where are the best areas for shopping in the OC? I love designer stores as well as smaller, boutique like shops. 

Orange County

Valerie from Los Angeles

Orange County has some of the best places for shopping in Southern California. I happily take drives from LA to a few of these stores. Mira's got it right, South Coast Plaza is a great place. There's a plethora of stores here but only if you want to splurge! It's mostly designer places but good ones like Christian DiorGiorgio Armani BoutiqueSaks Fifth Avenue

A good friend of mine lives in Irvine and we love going to the Irvine Spectrum Center. It's a good mix of popular brands but has some little boutiques here as well. The whole structure is really pretty, Spanish styled, and has a nice garden area.  

Downtown Fullerton also has great shopping. Not sure how far inland you want to go but there's some really cute stores here. My favorites are Memo`s Vintage and Buffalo Exchange (i've found the best things here than any other BE i've been to).

1. South Coast Plaza (attraction)
  2. Christian Dior (attraction)
  3. Giorgio Armani Boutique (attraction)
  4. Saks Fifth Avenue (attraction)
  5. Irvine Spectrum Center (attraction)
  6. Fullerton (city)
  7. Memo`s Vintage (attraction)
  8. Buffalo Exchange (attraction)
Mira from Los Angeles

Three words: South Coast Plaza. There are some really cool stores like Assouline which publishes amazing coffee table books, Anne Fontaine, and Diptyque, the world’s best candle store, but OMG, the people watching. I worked here for a short time and I never got tired of it.

For more serious shopping, I head to Fashion Island. There’s nothing this place doesn’t have. My faves here are Halston Heritage, Kitson Fashion Island, Ella Moss (I’ve seen this label in stores but it’s hard to find free-standing stores), Joie, and Kate Spade. I heard that Fig & Olive - Newport Beach just opened a restaurant here, too. I’ve been there in New York but haven’t tried them here yet—can’t wait!

I’m not a big outlet person, but I love a place called the Citadel Outlets which is just on the border of the OC. When I worked in the OC I used to stop there on the way home. It used to be kind of nowhere but now they have some great stores like Michael Kors Outlet.

1. South Coast Plaza (attraction)
  2. Assouline (attraction)
  3. Anne Fontaine (attraction)
  4. Diptyque (attraction)
  5. Fashion Island (attraction)
  6. Halston Heritage (attraction)
  7. Kitson Fashion Island (attraction)
  8. Ella Moss (attraction)
  9. Joie (attraction)
  10. Kate Spade (attraction)
  11. Fig & Olive - Newport Beach (restaurant)
  12. Citadel Outlets (attraction)
  13. Michael Kors Outlet (attraction)
Frances from Newport Beach

Laurenly is great for beachy dresses and cover ups. So is Melrose In the OC. Lolo is great but carries a few lines that are a little “older”.  No Rest For Bridget is my new favorite store. Apparently they have a lot of stores but I’ve just discovered them. I haven’t been to the Irene's Story in the OC but I’ve been to another one and I love it.

1. Laurenly (attraction)
  2. Melrose In the OC (attraction)
  3. Lolo (attraction)
  4. No Rest For Bridget (attraction)
  5. Irene's Story (attraction)