Katie from Los Angeles asked

What's the best neighborhood in Oklahoma City for a first time visitor?

I've never been to Oklahoma City and I'm a little overwhelmed by all the hotel options. I'd like to stay in a hotel that is central and gives me good sense of what Oklahoma City is like. I'd love to know where locals tell their friends to stay when they visit, and why those areas and hotels are special. thanks!

Oklahoma City (Oklahoma)

Shanda from Oklahoma City

Hi, Katie!

I'm a fan of the Midtown area of OKC... it's an up and coming area with many neat shops and restaurants with very close access to all the fun downtown things! My favorite hotel in the midtown area is the Ambassador Hotel Downtown Midtown, they have a great rooftop bar with wonderful views of the city! A few of my favorite places/restaurants in the area: The R&J Lounge and Supper Club, Bleu Garten, Dust Bowl Lanes and Lounge (Vintage Bowling Alley).

Sidney
Hotels near or in Bricktown are your best bet for being near to things to do. If you don't mind driving 8-10min there's the Hilton off Broadway extension and 63rd. It's inexpensive, not far from bricktown or north side shopping centers, but it does lack amenities. You can get anywhere in the city in about 15-20mins.

1. Bricktown (attraction)
Rachael from Oklahoma City
I would find a hotel in Bricktown or Downtown Oklahoma City.  Those are the best areas with the most restaurants and there is the shuttle that for nominal fee will take you are.

1. Bricktown (attraction)
  2. Downtown Oklahoma City (attraction)
Josh from Elk City, Oklahoma

The best hotels are all downtown and it is the best area to stay in if you are on foot. If you are driving Oklahoma City is really easy and quick to get around in. Public transportation and walking infrastructure outside of downtown is terrible. Neighborhoods to visit are The Paseo, The Plaza District, The Stockyards. Good restaurants on west 23rd street and North Western.