HEIDI asked

Oakland airport to downtown San Fran

Whats the best way to get from Oakland airport to our hotel in Nob Hill area?

Oakland   San Francisco   Nob Hill

John from Carlsbad (California)

BART and then a cab when you get to San Francisco.

Thuy from San Francisco

There is no easy public transportation to Nob Hill. 1. Call your hotel to see if they have transportation to and from hotel or get their recommendation.  

2. Reserve for Go tranport (van) to / from hotel.  

They charge per seat.  

3. If there are none, easiest way is to get cab or Uber from airport direct to your hotel.  

4. if you take the Bart, you will have to transport to Bart> Bart to downtown > transport to Nob Hill hotel. If you have alot of luggage this can become a huge chore.

Steve from San Francisco

One word: bart

Cherie

Take the Shuttle to BART station and use BART. So easy.

Patricia

I read the question and the answers you’ve been given so far but there was no mention of how much luggage you will have. The Uber ride share might not accommodate the luggage. It can be cumbersome to take BART with luggage and you don’t get to enjoy the beautiful bay area landscape by going BART. I would get a Lyft ride where e a local (Lyft driver) could give you some fun information about the city and the surrounding areas as well. Enjoy your stay!!

HEIDI
Thanks! We’ll have two carryon pieces of luggage, but it’s our first visit to California & San Francisco, so I think that sounds like a more scenic way to travel!

Patricia
Heidi, thank you for responding back to me. You will be staying in one of the windiest parts of the city but you also have access to the cable car ride down to market Street. One fun thing that you will probably enjoy if you are into plays is to check out the plays that are currently playing in San Francisco during the time he will be there because that is one of the special treats going into that city. Take Uber out to Sausalito and enjoy a beautiful dinner looking back at San Francisco . Do you have any other questions but you’re there don’t hesitate to text me.

Z from Los Angeles

I usually take BART to downtown (quicker and cheaper) but since you’re going to Nob Hill (not near BART) just take a ride share all the way.  

I pick Lyft over Uber. I trust the company with my personal data better. Make sure to have the app downloaded in advance.  

Uber Pool or Lyft Line are much cheaper and more environmentally sound if you’re ok with sharing a ride. It won’t add much time to your trip, they optimize the routing. Just pick the option when hailing the ride.

Fritzi from San Francisco

Uber pool, no changes or connections required. Must have the Uber app.