Sebnem
Istanbul

Sebnem from Istanbul asked

Which is the best trip with Hurtigruten Cruises

I'm planning on a trip with the Hurtigruten Cruises in Norway, but can't decide which is the best route to take. Where do I start? I would love to see the Aurora borealis. Any suggestions? 

Norway

Anders from Askim, Norway

Hey Sebnem! I handle communications for Hurtigruten in the Nordics. Sorry for not seeing your post earlier. To get the best trip - see the whole coast, fly from Oslo to Kirkenes in the far North. Spend a night at the Ice Hotel and board one of our ships at noon the next day. Travel for six days to Bergen. On the way the scenery is fantastic. Southbound is the most scenic route (a well kept secret) - as we travel Vesterålen, Lofoten Islands and Helgelandskysten reiseliv at daytime. You will also get the best fare traveling southbound - and the rates are the best when it is Aurora-time. So go Hunting the Light from late November to late March. It is also quite possible to make a shorter trip, disembark in Tromso (Two day trip) or Trondheim (four nights). From both cities you can fly back home. Happy Hunting!

Sebnem
thank you Anders =) I've already been to Bergen , which is the most beautiful nature I have seen so far. I will check the Southbound, it really sounds amazing. Thanks again =)

1. Oslo (city)
  2. Kirkenes (city)
  3. Bergen (city)
  4. Lofoten Islands (attraction)
  5. Helgelandskysten reiseliv (attraction)
  6. Tromso (city)
  7. Trondheim (city)