Katie from Los Angeles asked

What's the best neighborhood in North Myrtle Beach for a first time visitor?

I've never been to North Myrtle Beach and I'm a little overwhelmed by all the hotel options. I'd like to stay in a hotel that is central and gives me good sense of what North Myrtle Beach is like. I'd love to know where locals tell their friends to stay when they visit, and why those areas and hotels are special. thanks!

North Myrtle Beach

Paul from North Myrtle Beach

Katie,

There are so many hotels that I really wouldn't know which one to tell you to stay in. But I would try and stay around Main St in N. Myrtle or just a bit North by Sea Mountain Highway in Cherry Grove Beach. That will give you a very "beachy" feel if that's what you're looking for and put you in the heart of North Myrtle. I know the Wyndham Ocean Boulevard in N. Myrtle is supposed to be very nice, but I don't know how their rentals work....What are you doing visiting all the way from Los Angeles? I used to live there before I moved here.

1. Main St (attraction)
  2. Cherry Grove Beach (attraction)
  3. Wyndham Ocean Boulevard (hotel)