Drive      Fly      Stay      Login    Signup


Niagara Falls

Can we take food across the US/Canada border on our road trip to Niagara Falls?

We are traveling from US to Canada and back. Can we take food in our vehicle across the border both ways?

2 Answers

answered by
Claudia from New York City
Hi Angie,
Whether your point of entry is at the border crossing or airport, the rules are the same, you must declare all food, plants, animals, and their by-products. This is a direct quote from the Canadian Food Inspection AgencyTravellers are required, by law, to declare all plant, animal, and food items they bring into Canada. This includes items related to plants, animals and food, or their by-products.
For more information, you can call the Border Information Service (BIS) at 204-983-3500 or 506-636-5064 from the US. Select 0 to talk to a person (not a machine).

1 thanks

answered first by
Mary from Leicester
1 thanks

© 2019   ·   View: Full | Mobile

Follow us:        
Questions   ·   Destinations   ·   Drive   ·   Fly   ·   Airports   ·   Stay   ·   Search

Login   ·   FAQ   ·   About   ·   Feedback   ·   Privacy   ·   Terms