arelis
Puerto Rico

Niagara Falls, Toronto, Montreal, Quebec City

2 weeks Road trip NY, Niagara Falls, Toronto, Montreal and Quebec City

Hi, me and my family will be doing a road trip in mid June 2015. We only have 2 weeks and we want to see NY, Niagara Falls, Toronto, Montreal and Quebec City and back to NY. How we should spend the days??? Most important things to do??

Thanks

Catherine from Toronto

2 weeks =

2-3 days Toronto

1 day Niagara Falls (can do day trip from Toronto or stay over - easy its 1.5 hour trip)

2-3 days Montreal

2-3 days Quebec City

*Add 1-2 days Kingston (Ontario) (1/2 way b/w Toronto and Montreal) 

+ Add 1-2 days Ottawa *

Both are great smaller cities with lots of Canadian history.

You could also travel from Toronto to Ottawa VIA Algonquin - Algonquin Park is BEAUTIFUL but its more for camping - worth the drive and the stay if you can manage.

1. Toronto (city)
  2. Niagara Falls (attraction)
  3. Montreal (city)
  4. Quebec City (city)
  5. Kingston (Ontario) (city)
  6. Ottawa (city)
  7. Algonquin Park (park)

Eden

Hmm, you definitely would want to purchase a Toronto City Pass. It's a pass which gives you access to major sights in the city for one price. There are great dining options in all cities you're visiting.  Toronto - Bare Burger. If Chinese food is your thing, our ChinaTown has some amazing authentic Asian food options.  

While in Montreall, if a Spa is your thing, you MUST experience Bota Bota Spa sur-l'Eau (Bota Bota)

Some other options for dining in Montreal are  Montreals list

Quebec City has many historical sights, if that's your thing as well as great restaurants.

Niagara Falls, ON side, has lots of great things to do, see, and eat. Also, you can find charming B&B's in Niagara as well.

1. Bare Burger (restaurant)
  2. Montreal (city)
  3. Bota Bota Spa sur-l'Eau (attraction)
  4. Quebec City (city)
  5. Niagara Falls (attraction)

Hello Arelis,

A few years ago, my daughter and I did a road trip that started in New York City and proceeded to Canada via Boston. If I recall correctly we started in Quebec City and stayed 2 days. Don't miss to visit Fairmont Le Château Frontenac, Dufferin Terrace, L'Escalier du Casse, Notre-Dame de Québec, Rue Champlain and Rue Royale. It is an amazing city so try at least to spend 2 days in Quebec. I would suggest that  you have lunch or dinner at Le Frontenac, beautiful place! If not, I can also suggest Café De Paris. Our next stop was Montreal. We spent only 1 day so I am not sure if you can add 2 more days here. Biodôme de Montréal, Saint Joseph's Oratory of Mount Royal,Basilique Notre-Dame, can be some nice places to visit. Then we visited Ottawa, the Parliament Buildings. Before heading to Toronto, we spent 1 day visiting the Niagara Falls, took a ride at the Maid of the Mist and got closer to the Bridal Veil fall, amazing tour! I also recommend to visit the Skylon Tower where you can observe amazing views of the falls at the observatory (and also have dinner if you want). On our way to Toronto, we spent a few hours visiting the Thousand Islands. It is an archipelago of 1864 islands that emerge in the St Lawrence River. We made the trip onboard the Rockport boat line. Amazing tour!. Toronto was the last stop. Beautiful city. We only spent 2 days and took some time to walk the city, the theatres and visit the CN Tower.

Prepare your agenda in advance and I will assure you it will be an unforgettable trip. Amazing and interesting cities, incredible culture and breathtaking views ever.

Saludos!

1. New York City (city)
  2. Boston (city)
  3. Quebec City (city)
  4. Fairmont Le Château Frontenac (hotel)
  5. Dufferin Terrace (hotel)
  6. L'Escalier du Casse (attraction)
  7. Notre-Dame de Québec (attraction)
  8. Rue Champlain (attraction)
  9. Rue Royale (attraction)
  10. Café De Paris (restaurant)
  11. Montreal (city)
  12. Biodôme de Montréal (attraction)
  13. Saint Joseph's Oratory of Mount Royal (attraction)
  14. Basilique Notre-Dame (attraction)
  15. Ottawa (city)
  16. Parliament Buildings (attraction)
  17. Niagara Falls (attraction)
  18. Maid of the Mist (attraction)
  19. Skylon Tower (attraction)
  20. Thousand Islands (attraction)
  21. St Lawrence River (attraction)
  22. Toronto (city)
  23. CN Tower (attraction)

l from Toronto

1. Royal Ontario Museum (attraction)
  2. Art Gallery of Ontario (attraction)
  3. Aga Khan Museum (attraction)
  4. Toronto Zoo (attraction)

Kim from Canada

June is perfect weather in Canada and most of the cities you're planning to visit will have excellent outdoor markets, patios or outdoor street/music festivals happening. The best way to see all of these cities is by foot, so try to book accommodations in downtown main areas and bring a comfortable pair of shoes! Given that you'll only have a couple days in each city hitting up the major tourists spots isn't a bad idea, but check in with your hotel for the local weekly paper or entertainment listing to see whats happening in each city, whether you're into history/culture, music, sports or whatever you'll be sure to stumble across something fun and possibly free that will show you what the cities are really like :)