frieso
Brussels

Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh City, Nha Trang

First time nha trang (or vietnam), any tips ?

We want to go to Vietnam, more specifically nha trang. Any tips on how to get there from ho chi minh city, what to do and how to act?

Nha Trang is the big beach destination in Vietnam but it's a lot more than that and i think it has a fair bit to offer.

I have been there more than a dozen times myself and think it's a pretty good spot.

The obvious things are the beaches, the diving and the boat trips you can make from there, aswell as the roaring nightlife you have in some parts of the city.

But you also have the most active Cham culture in Vietnam in  Nha Trang.

It's a minority who was almost pushed out of Vietnam in the 16th century when they used to rule the entire southern part of the country, but they still have an active community in  Nha Trang and their temple Pho Nagar is well worth visiting.

For going there i recommend plane or train if you have the time.

Bussses are there too but they are a pain in the butt unless you really want to save a couple of dollars.

That is just my personal opinion.

Some might think different about the busses, but it's a journey of 12 to 20 hours to get to  Nha Trang from Saigon by bus.

1. Nha Trang (city)

Ariel from Brussels

You can take the bus to Nha Trang from Ho Chi Minh City. It's the easier way to get there! When you are in HCM, go to Phạm Ngũ Lão, in district 1, you'll see many travel agencies. The journey take about 10 hours, you can choose between a sleeping bus or in the morning. When you're in Nha TrangNha Trang, many beaches and bars, you can go to  Vinpearl Land. Vinpearl an island just near Nha Trang, snorkeling, lazy Day on the beach. 

1. Ho Chi Minh City (city)
  2. Phạm Ngũ Lão (attraction)
  3. Vinpearl Land (attraction)
  4. Nha Trang (city)

Natasha from Santa Monica

Personally, flying seems to be the the most time-efficient way to get to Nha Trang. It's a pretty typical beach town, but the highlight for me were the mud baths at the I-Resort - you can go for the day and soak in mud and minerals - they have a day price for a general soak that ranges all the way up to luxury private spa treatment with stunning views of the river. They also have transport to and from your hotel for 20,000 VND each way, which I found convenient. Also, seafood restaurants north of the bridge are definitely worth trying. 

1. Nha Trang (city)

Brew from Manhattan Beach

I have flown and trained between Ho Chi Minh City and  Nha Trang and I think the train was a great way to go.  The train I was on (15 years ago) was a relic from the Viet Nam war and, while it was slow, I really enjoyed the scenery.  

1. Ho Chi Minh City (city)
  2. Nha Trang (city)

I have many favorite spots in Vietnam and it really depends on what kinda trip you are looking for.

Nha Trang Is fiest of all a beach place but you also have a really nice town like  Hoi An where you have a nice ancient small town sitting close to a nice beach. Just be ware that the waves are a lot bigger in Hoi An when ompared to Nha Trang as the beach there is not protected by a bay.

Hanoi is super cool too, but here we are talking about a big city with 5-6 million inhabitants.

You could also consider the island  Phu Quoc.

I have not been to Phu Quoc yet, but i have heard it's real nice and i will be heading there myself in about 3 weeks time to have a look at it.

1. Hanoi (city)
  2. Phu Quoc (attraction)
  3. Nha Trang (city)
  4. Hoi An (city)

Ariel from Brussels

Nha Trang is nice but you need also to try Mui Ne, really enjoy this place! Beautiful beaches, if you like kite surf, Red sand dune (amazing) and fisherman village! You can stop first in Mui Ne and then go to Nha Trang, it's on the same road ( there is only one road :-) ) If you want go to The Sinh Tourist, this is a travel agency situated in Pham ngu Lao, for me is the best one! Enjoy Vietnam man;)!

1. Mui Ne (city)

cao from Paris

Don't have time ? Take a plane. Have more fun ? Take the bus to see the landscape on the way. In Nha Trang the must is take the boat trip to visit the Nha Trang Bay and some island around it, you can do some snorkeling in the bay also, tha water is wonderful and clear so you can even see the bottom. Nha Trang have the biggest marine musuem of Vietnam.

1. Nha Trang (city)
  2. Nha Trang Bay (attraction)

Gio from Singapore

Hi there,

You can travel via Sinhcafe travel. They have daily buses traveling from Saigon to Nha Trang at about 15-20 USD per trip. 

I've used the service couple of years back to travel from Saigon to Mui Ne to Nha Trang to Da Lat

Cheers.

1. Saigon (hotel)
  2. Mui Ne (city)
  3. Nha Trang (city)
  4. Da Lat (city)

Max from Ho Chi Minh City

You have 3 options from Ho Chi Minh City to Nha Trang:

- Get the Vietjet ticket

- By night train

- Or by sleeping bus

Personally I recommend Vietjet as it cheap and price is reasonable.

Nha Trang got to  Vinpearl Land , visit Hon Lao Monkey Island

1. Ho Chi Minh City (city)
  2. Nha Trang (city)
  3. Vinpearl Land (attraction)
  4. Hon Lao Monkey Island (hotel)

Erick from Ho Chi Minh City

I've been to Nha Trang three different ways.
1) By taxi: A group of 4 negotiated a deal during a holiday weekend where buses, trains, and planes were all fully booked and the only way to go was by taxi at the last second. Called up one of two legit taxi services in Ho Chi Minh City a) Vinasun and b) Mai Linh Taxi services. The cost was about 2 million VND (approx $100 USD) all together. 
2) Take a tour. Saigon Tourist is a bit more expensive than other tours but they offer a nice comfortable tour from HCMC to Nha Trang. They shown me places that I also never been before even though I visited Nha Trang 3 times before. In Nha Trang you end up staying at  Yasaka Saigon Hotel (http://www.yasanhatrang.com/) which is across the street from the beach and is good for foreigners. Price for tour is about 6 million vnd ($300) for food and accommodations for 4 days. 
3) By plane: Take a Vietnam Airline flight from Tan Son Nhat International Airport to  Da Nang International Airport (DAD) Sân bay Quốc tế Đà Nẵng and take a taxi to Nha Trang city. 

Son from Hanoi, Vietnam

From Ho Chi Minh City to Nha Trang , you can catch a coach of Hoàng Long or Mai Lĩnh or Phương Trang - Chăn Ga Gối Nệmwith the price of over 200,000 VND. In Nha Trang, you can visit following destintions: Nha Trang oceanographic institute, hot spring of Tháp Bà, Tháp Bà Ponagar and take part in various games and activities in Vinpearl Land Nha Trang

1. Ho Chi Minh City (city)
  2. Nha Trang (city)
  3. Hoàng Long (restaurant)
  4. Mai Lĩnh (neighborhood)
  5. Phương Trang - Chăn Ga Gối Nệm (attraction)
  6. Tháp Bà (attraction)
  7. Tháp Bà Ponagar (attraction)
  8. Vinpearl Land Nha Trang (hotel)

Sophia from Hoi An

There are several things to do in Nha Trang. If you are on budget, you can check these free thing to do: https://www.justgola.com/blog/top-free-things-to-do-in-nha-trang_1-12. They are great options if you want to get to some off the beaten path of the city. 

If you are in Nha Trang, make your way to Da Lat as it's easy to travel. You just need get a bus for 6 hours to get to Da Lat. This city is really cool and the atmosphere is superb. You can view how to get to Da Lat at this link.