Katie from Los Angeles asked

What is your favorite restaurant in Newport Beach?

Heading to Newport Beach and I'm looking for the best restaurants to try while I'm visiting. Open to all types of food! What are your top places to eat?

Newport Beach

Abby from Corona del Mar, California

Hello Katie!

There are plenty of options in Newport Beach. If you want a true foodie/cultural experience, check out a place by the name of SOCIAL Costa Mesa located in Costa Mesa. The chicken and waffles there will send you straight to heaven. They are known for their small plate eating style and cocktails. It is the hip "in the now" place, so be sure to call ahead and make a reservation. Social's menu changes as they create their menus based on the seasons. Here is the website link: http://www.socialcostamesa.com/

If you like American food, I would also check out a place called Eat Chow- they have two locations in Newport Beach.

If you like seafood, check out the classic The Crab Cooker on the Balboa Peninsula. Don't be fooled by the paper plates and communal style tables, this place has been around for ages, and is always packed. 

If you have more of a taste for asian food, check out Bamboo Bistro in Corona del Mar. The space is small, and you may have to wait a bit, but it is so worth it. The food is amazing!

Enjoy your visit.

1. SOCIAL Costa Mesa (restaurant)
  2. Eat Chow (restaurant)
  3. The Crab Cooker (restaurant)
  4. Bamboo Bistro (restaurant)
Johnny from Las Vegas

For me, it's a toss-up between Gulfstream and Javier's Restaurant - Newport Beach.  Both have good food and good atmosphere.

katrina from Newport Beach

Jake from Los Angeles

Lived here my whole life and my favorites/local favorites are:

Bear Flag Fish Company- get the tuna! I don't like seafood so I don't but all my friends are obsessed. A Newport staple. 

Mama D's Italy Kitchen- local favorite, I'm not a huge fan though

Andrea at Pelican Hill Resort is great Italian but a new favorite of mine is Cucina Enoteca (by Fashion Island)

San Shi Go Sushi & Asian, the Cannery Seafood of the Pacific and Buddha's Favorite are my favorite sushi places

Finally for mexican I go to Avila's El Ranchito, Taco Rosa, SOL Cocina and Javier's Restaurant - Newport Beach.

Breakfast: Haute Cakes Cafe, Zinc Cafe & Market Inc, Rose Bakery Cafe (amazing breakfast burritos), Pain Du Monde (lunch is great too)

Tried picking places that don't have locations in LA but Fig&Olive  and Red O are good as well. Enjoy!

1. Bear Flag Fish Company (restaurant)
  2. Mama D's Italy Kitchen (restaurant)
  3. Andrea (restaurant)
  4. San Shi Go Sushi & Asian (restaurant)
  5. Cannery Seafood of the Pacific (restaurant)
  6. Buddha's Favorite (restaurant)
  7. Avila's El Ranchito (restaurant)
  8. Taco Rosa (restaurant)
  9. SOL Cocina (restaurant)
  10. Javier's Restaurant - Newport Beach (restaurant)
  11. Haute Cakes Cafe (restaurant)
  12. Zinc Cafe & Market Inc (attraction)
  13. Rose Bakery Cafe (restaurant)
  14. Pain Du Monde (restaurant)
Jonathan

I love Tabu Shabu ! Best Japanese hotpot in OC

1. Tabu Shabu (restaurant)