Katie from Los Angeles asked

What's the best neighborhood in Newark (New Jersey) for a first time visitor?

I've never been to Newark (New Jersey) and I'm a little overwhelmed by all the hotel options. I'd like to stay in a hotel that is central and gives me good sense of what Newark (New Jersey) is like. I'd love to know where locals tell their friends to stay when they visit, and why those areas and hotels are special. thanks!

Newark (New Jersey)

Tasha from Newark, New Jersey

You may want to stay at one of the new hotels downtown Newark/Kearny.  One is the Courtyard Newark Downtown.

John

Katie locals don't tell their friends to stay in Newark ! They know better.I'd consider Hilton Newark Penn Station- convenient because you're right at the station and can get to the airport in a snap and get on the PATH and got to New York .I've had drinks there but not in years.It's  near  to the restaurants I mention and walking distance to the museum.