alastair
Wanaka

alastair from Wanaka asked

Good Rental Service in New Zealand?

I am planning go to New Zealand with my family. What is a good rental service we can look into? 

New Zealand

Nardine from Tamworth (England)

Hi Alastair

Do you mean car rental? If so, I used Omega last time in NZ and will be using again.

We had a "Deal of the Day" which is an older car, and we paid the full CDW type insurance.

The car was older but we had zero problems, service was efficient, maybe a little lacking in customer service but nothing really to complain about.

Edward from Seattle, Wa Usa

You mean lodging?  Air bnb often has great listings!  If you mean vehicle, consider a camping van.  I rented one in the off season for less than a car and stayed in campgrounds for $2 up /night.  Be REALLY careful about insurance though.  The cheap rental rate is kind of a loss leader- insurance is the expensive item.  If you skip the Damage Waiver you have to run a charge slip for like $4000 to be cashed if you crash.  Be clear about  your own insurance cover before you do this!