Bill

New York City, Columbia, Manhattan

road trip from columbia sc to new york

My wife wants to take the whole family to new york. There will be 5 traveling. Looking for recommendations on where to park and get to city in Manhattan area. And any other information would be great. Thanks we will be leaving from Columbia S.C.

I usually stay with my sister in Princeton and take the train in, but that probably isn't a solution for you :)  I vaguely remember that my daughter did a trip several years ago where she parked someplace outside the city but I do not remember where it was.  She was walking the railroad trail with a bunch of Boy Scouts.

Laura from Atlanta
A great option is to stay on the New Jersey side near a ferry port. It's easy to drive in and out, there are lots of hotels to choose from, the views are great, and ferrys are easy to catch at all times of the day.