Moira
High Wycombe

Moira from High Wycombe asked

Yoga class

I'm in New York for a few days & would like to do some yoga, any ideas for good studios in Manhattan?

Sung from New York City

Sonic yoga on 51st st and 9th ave. I have lived in nyc for 2.5 years and been to several studios, mostly making it to no more than 2 sessions because of distance/ pretentious vibes/ being too crowded etc. This is the only place I consistently have gone to (until I started traveling abroad for a month) because of the down to earth vibe and their focus on the concepts of yoga. No fancy facilities and just focus on getting your yoga done. I miss it.. You should definitely check it out!

Sung
forgot to put the places mark.. But you can easily find it if you google it!

Grace from New York City

Check out Om Factory in midtown. The studio has an array of classes throughout the day for all levels, and amazing instructors! If you are new to the studio, I would take advantage of their Week Trial, which allows you to take as many classes during your stay!

1. Om Factory (attraction)
Annette from New Jersey

Yoga to the People $10 a drop in class for hot yoga, modified Bikram style. Showers available. Mat and towel rentals too.

1. Yoga to the People (attraction)
Lilli from New York, New York

Exhale Gramercy! Locations all over the city, wonderful spa services as well. 

1. Exhale Gramercy (attraction)
Jasmine from New York, New York

It depends on where you are staying and what kind of yoga. I like the Iyengar Yoga Institute near Chelsea. 

1. Iyengar Yoga Institute (attraction)
tiffany from Shelburne Falls

Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Center on W 24th st and Integral Yoga Institute NYC  on W 13th st are very good all around practices. Both a little on the spiritual side, if thats not your thing try this yoga superstar's class :) http://elenabrower.com/classes

Veronica from Queens, New York

Yes, If you're on a budget Yoga To the People on St Marks Place does FREEEE yoga classes.

Jeff
Yep

Eric from Riverbank, California

Chelsea Piershas some nice classes. What kind of Yoga do you like?

1. Chelsea Piers (attraction)
Katie from Brooklyn

Yoga to the People in the East Village is a donation-based studio and is very friendly!! People of all experience levels go there -- just get ready for a room that's very full when class starts!

Kristin

Hey Moira,

A really great ashtanga studio in the East Village is Yoga to the People and the price is 'pay what you can' with a suggested $10 donation.  It can get crowded but it adds to the energy of the class!

Have a great trip!

Kristin

Grace from New York City

Check out Om Factory in midtown. The studio has an array of classes throughout the day for all levels, and amazing instructors! If you are new to the studio, I would take advantage of their Week Trial, which allows you to take as many classes during your stay!

1. Om Factory (attraction)
Grace from New York City

1. Om Factory (attraction)
Grace from New York City

1. Om Factory (attraction)
Grace from New York City

1. Om Factory (attraction)
Grace from New York City

Check out @

The studio has an array of classes throughout the day, and amazing instructors. If you are new to the studio, I would take advantage of their Week Trial, which allows you to take as many classes during your stay!