Lawrence
Calgary

Where to go for dinner for our first anniversary?

Me and my wife are going to be in New York during our first wedding anniversary. We love good food and are open to new and interesting experiences.

Any places you'd recomend for a nice memorable romantic diner?

Trevor from Los Angeles

One if by Land, Two if by Sea would make a fantastic spot for your first anniversary dinner. It's located down a picturesque street in the West Village and housed in a 18th century carriage house that used to belong to Vice President Aaron Burr. There's even live piano music, chandeliers, and roses on the tables. The best tables are along the window on the first floor next to the garden. It's a very romantic spot during any season, but there's something really amazing about this place in the winter when it snows. 

Different in vibe from One if by Land (less cozy), but still romantic (but be warned, very expensive) is  Eleven Madison Park Restaurant, which only offers a $195 per person prix fixe menu, and  Daniel. Both are incredibly impressive and memorable culinary experiences. 

If you're in the mood for Italian food, try and get a table in the wine cellar at  Il Buco (47 Bond Street, New York, NY 10012 - not to be confused with Il Buco Alimentari & Vineria) or try Del Posto

1. One if by Land, Two if by Sea (restaurant)
  2. Eleven Madison Park Restaurant (restaurant)
  3. Daniel (restaurant)
  4. Del Posto (restaurant)
  5. Il Buco (restaurant)

JR from Manhattan Beach

The Waverly Inn is the most romantic place I've ever been to in Manhattan. I'd put it on your list of considerations for sure. One caveat... they don't allow any pictures in the restaurant due to many high profile clients' desire for privacy, or so they say. 

1. Waverly Inn (restaurant)

Erika from Bethlehem (Pennsylvania)

I agree with other suggestions for One if by Land, Two if by Sea when it comes to romance.  The food is also good there, but for a sublime foodie experience, Per Se or Eleven Madison Park Restaurant are top of the list.  Both offer tasting menus only, exceptional service, and a quiet environment to spend time with your significant other.  With that said, they are heavy on the wallet.  Less expensive options are Cafe Boulud, Gramercy Tavern, and Union Square Cafe  - all delicious and cozy and worthy of a special celebration.  Note that all of these recommendations will require recommendations in advance, some with a timely call at a certain time on a certain day.  Troublesome, I know, but when you get that prime reservation and get to enjoy the meal of a lifetime you'll feel pretty lucky!  Enjoy!

2. Per Se (restaurant)
  3. Eleven Madison Park Restaurant (restaurant)
  4. Cafe Boulud (restaurant)
  5. Gramercy Tavern (restaurant)
  6. Union Square Cafe (restaurant)

Annemarie from New York City

My favorite is Artisanal Fromagerie & Bistro, a French restaurant with a little Italian influence where you can get towering bottles of prosecco, share fondue and stuff yourselves silly. It's expensive, but not insanely so, and comfortable.

1. Artisanal Fromagerie & Bistro (restaurant)

Bente from Haarlem

I've had a very romantic, very impressive (but also very expensive) experience at  Daniel. Incredible food, impeccable service, a real experience.

Other suggestions would be  Cafe Cluny in West Village,  Robert at Columbus Circle (ask for a window seat for great views across Central Park) and for something completely different  Mary's Fish Camp.

1. Daniel (restaurant)
  2. Cafe Cluny (restaurant)
  3. Mary's Fish Camp (restaurant)
  4. Robert (restaurant)

Deborah from Park Slope

There are so many beautiful places to go to for a romanic dinner. There is La Sirene in Tribeca which you will remember forever. It is BYOB as well. I would recommend Lavagna in the East Village. Delicious Italian food and beautfiul restaurant.   Il Buco on Bond St is a beautiful, very rustic looking with phenomenal food. Peasant is a restaurant I would also highly recommend. It is just a lovely place to dine. If you go to any of these restaurants, you will be beyond pleased!

1. La Sirene (restaurant)
  2. Il Buco (restaurant)
  3. Lavagna (restaurant)
  4. Peasant (restaurant)

Clément from Paris

One of my friend told me about the New York Marriott Marquis. It is very mainstreet but it offers a buffet and a panoramic view of Times Square.

1. New York Marriott Marquis (hotel)

M. from Brooklyn

My wife and I went to Mario Batalli's Babbo for our 10th and had a really great time.  They knew it was our anniversary and made it extra special.

1. Babbo (restaurant)

Jenni from New York City

My husband and I celebrated our last wedding anniversary at Il Cantinori and we had a wonderful experience! Delicious food and romantic atmosphere.

1. Il Cantinori (restaurant)