verity

verity from London asked

Where are the Best Rib places and Wine Bars in NYC?

Im looking for fantastic BBQ ribs in a casual setting.

Wine bars - we are looking for somewhere we can have a lazy and relaxing bottle of red with a superb wine menu and we can spend the afternoon.

New York City (New York)

Katie from Brooklyn

Yep, I agree that Dinosaur Bar-B-Que is a wonderful option (their Brooklyn location is in my neighborhood and it's great!). Another favorite is Mighty Quinn's Barbeque in the East Village. They have a cool story in that they first started as a stand at the food market Smorgasburg and became so beloved that they opened this brick and mortar. 

For wine bars, I like going to Terroir on the High Line. It's outside, so that's really only a good option if the weather is nice when you're here. Or some great indoor wine bars are Stonehome Wine Bar and Restaurant in Fort Greene, Brooklyn or Black Mountain Wine House in Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn (this one has a fire place!)

1. Dinosaur Bar-B-Que (restaurant)
  2. Mighty Quinn's Barbeque (restaurant)
  3. Terroir (restaurant)
  4. Stonehome Wine Bar and Restaurant (restaurant)
  5. Black Mountain Wine House (restaurant)
Scott from San Francisco

Dinosaur Bar-B-Que has some of the best BBQ in the USA.  It's legit  - despite originating in Syracuse NY.  I didn't believe it myself until I got the chance to visit the famous temples of BBQ down south on business.  Low and behold, Dinosaur actually is the real deal.  Plus their Mac and Cheese might be among the best I've ever had and they also make excellent baked beans. The pulled pork is truly world class, and the ribs are great.  I'm not a fan of the smoked prime rib though - feel free to pass on that one.  There's the 125th st. location above and another in Brooklyn Dinosaur Bar-B-Que .  

1. Dinosaur Bar-B-Que (restaurant)
  2. Dinosaur Bar-B-Que (restaurant)
Will from Clifton (New Jersey)

Virgil's Real Barbecue in midtown has some pretty fantastic ribs and all around BBQ.

1. Virgil's Real Barbecue (restaurant)
Vicki from New York City

BrisketTown for great ribs. 

1. BrisketTown (restaurant)