Matt
Manhattan Beach

Matt from Manhattan Beach asked

What are some good places to see the Macy's Day Parade from your hotel?

My wife has always wanted to see the Macy's parade from a hotel room and I was hoping to do that for her birthday. Any ideas on hotels with a view, or maybe AirBnB with a view? 

New York City (New York)

Theresa

The hotels along the route will be super expensive so be SURE and demand a room with a street-side window. I think Marriott offers a breakfast viewing option at its restaurant, which may not be as expensive. Also, check out blowing up the balloons Wednesday night at Central Park - it's great fun and free.

jami from New York City

parade route is here: http://www.timeout.com/newyork/events-festivals/macys-thanksgiving-day-parade

I couldn't tell you about airbnb, but there are tons of hotels along the route. Just remember that they will jack up prices for those dates, book as soon as you possibly can as the longer you wait the more expensive they become. The parade ends at Herald Sq so I would recommend looking for places to stay in the middle of the route as it won't be as costly. There are some more tips on this site as well: http://luxeadventuretraveler.com/tips-for-viewing-the-macys-thanksgiving-day-parade/

I have heard rumors that some places will do a party/brunch/parade viewing so I would do an internet search on that and you could possible avoid the hotel on the route and save some cash!

Hola Matt,

According to my experience, I would suggest to book at the:

Residence Inn by Marriott New York Manhattan/Times Square

Hope this helps!