Ricky Yuwono

Bandung, Indonesia

Things to do in NYC

Hi guys, I am travelling to NYC next month for 10 days with my family. I am from Indonesia, and not familiar with the city. Any recommendation for must-visit places/foods/shopping in New York? I am also thinking to book a culinary tour from a website called verlocal. Any thoughts on that? Thank you, I really appreciate you guys help

• Tracy Kalescky

For places to visit, you can always do the Empire State Bldg, but I really like going to the Top of The Rock If you go between 7am and 10am you can see them film the Today Show on the plaza. There might even be a one of the major artists free summer concerts on a Friday. Bills Burgers is a good quick and not expensive meal right next to 30 Rock (Rockefeller Ctr)Near that is St. Patrick's Cathedral and Central Park.The park is beautiful and large. The is a zoo, pond and fields,etc. Do not walk in park at night.You can shop on Fifth ave. and have High tea at The Plaza. The American Museum of Natural History and the The Metropolitan Museum of Art,Guggenheim and the Metropolitan museum of Art (The Met) are all interesting. The Hell's Kitchen( it is a nice area,old name) neighborhood has great restaurants and different price ranges.The Ground Zero Museum Workshoparea is a very moving visit. While in lower NYC you can go to Battery Park and take the ferry to Liberty Island to see the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island where all the immigrants came through. You can walk down Wall Street Plazaand see the famous bull but there isn't much there besides it. The High Line Park is a nice walk It runs along an old train line. Try and take in a play on Broadway. TKTS stand is in Time Square and you can wait in line to get discount tickets for that day's show. Have fun!

1. Empire State Bldg (attraction)
    2. Top of The Rock (attraction)
    3. St. Patrick's Cathedral (attraction)
    4. Central Park (attraction)
    5. The Plaza (hotel)
    6. American Museum of Natural History (attraction)
    7. The Metropolitan Museum of Art (attraction)
    8. Hell's Kitchen (attraction)
    9. Ground Zero Museum Workshop (attraction)
    10. Battery Park (neighborhood)
    11. Statue of Liberty (attraction)
    12. Ellis Island (attraction)
    13. Wall Street Plaza (attraction)
    14. High Line Park (attraction)

• · 

Send Tracy a Thank You Note