Sarah
London, England

Staying at The Refinery Hotel in late October- restaurant recs please!

We are spending 5 nights in NYC at the end of October and are thinking of booking some restaurants now to avoid disappointment. Would like a good steak one night, but would love to hear other suggestions. 

Deborah from Park Slope

There are so many places to eat in NY. Here are a few of my favorites:

1. Clinton St. Baking Company--makes the best pancakes

2. Lavagna --very small, romantic and delicious dinner menu

Landmarc [Tribeca]--great, delicious burger and awesome steaks

4. La Sirene--amazing food...you will remember this restaurant forever

5. Ristorante Rafele-the italian food here is authentic and delicious. The owners are from Naples. Amazing!

ENjoy your trip to NYC!

1. Clinton St. Baking Company (restaurant)
  2. Lavagna (restaurant)
  3. Landmarc [Tribeca] (restaurant)
  4. La Sirene (restaurant)
  5. Ristorante Rafele (restaurant)

Kathy from New York City

Michelin just unveiled its Michelin star awards for New York City restaurants.  http://ny.eater.com/2014/9/30/6873645/michelin-nyc-2015-stars-rating  But then again, I might recommend some fun ethnic restaurants.  

1. New York City (city)

Michelle from Melbourne

Your hotel is right in the heart of things, but the joy of NYC is the different neighbourhoods and an infinite number of food experiences. I wouldn't miss the roast chicken at The NoMad Restaurant - it will blow you away. For a steak, I've heard great things about Porter House New York - it's not cheap but it has a delightful view over Columbus Circle, at the south-west end of Central Park. I also recommend Betony in mid-town for a special night out. If you're looking for something fun and snacky, try Má Pêche in the Basement of the Chambers Hotel in midtown. My personal preference is to just head to the East Village and a host of amazing eateries that are just brilliant, and, on average, a lot less expensive. Also, if you're looking for something different, head to Harlem and try out Red Rooster - the food is perfectly acceptable but it's at its best on Sunday afternoons with live jazz and a great atmosphere.

1. The NoMad Restaurant (restaurant)
  2. Porter House New York (restaurant)
  3. Betony (restaurant)
  4. Má Pêche (restaurant)
  5. East Village (neighborhood)
  6. Red Rooster (restaurant)

Spencer from New York City