Jacob

Romantic New York

My wife and I are headed to the city to celebrate our 10th anniversary. Any suggestions about where to stay and maybe what to do?

OK, I know you didn't ask where not to go, but whatever you do, do NOT take a carriage ride around Central Park especially at night. It is literally the smelliest, dirtiest, least romantic thing I’ve ever experienced in my life. The park is almost deserted at night and I really thought we might be mugged. Horrible. Don’t do it!

Now that I've gotten that out of my system...

·         The Pierre - this is such a stunning, elegant place

·         The St. Regis New York (absolutely the best hotel in NY)

·         The Standard New York(it’s a little modern for me, but the views are insane)

·         The Mark HotelWe stayed there for a weekend last year (on our anniversary) and OMG. It’s totally old school but without being stuffy. Our room was gorgeous but my favorite part of the whole thing was the bikes they have for guests. They’ll pack a little lunch for you so you can bike over to Central Park and have a romantic picnic. We didn’t even know about the bikes when we booked and it was the best part of our trip. I would stay there again in a minute.

·         The Houseon 17th  It’s beyond romantic and the food is great. My all-time favorite romantic restaurant, Aria was just closed for health violations (i.e. mice and bugs), otherwise I’d recommend that.

1. Central Park (attraction)
  2. The Standard New York (hotel)
  3. The Mark Hotel (hotel)
  4. The Pierre – A Taj Hotel (hotel)
  5. The St. Regis New York (hotel)
  6. The House (restaurant)

Tandy from Miami

The NoMad Hotel is extremely romantic! First of all, their restaurant on the roof is to die for and they have private dining! Our room had a bathtub with feet and beautiful, beautiful plush bathrobes. It’s also very close to the Flatiron District which is my favorite part of the city and very, very hip right now. 

1. The NoMad Hotel (hotel)
  2. Flatiron District (neighborhood)