Anizza

New York for the first time

Hi Travellers!

I bought a ticket for USA (New York) for next December, I want to celebrate the new year in the city! J

After applying for the ESTA visa and EVUS​ ( my husband is chinese) I would like to know if it’s necessary to get any other papers or requirements to enter USA. It's my first time!

On the other hand does anyone have any recomendations for a special restaurant in New York (near Brooklyn) to celebrate a special occasion (my birthday)?

Chelsy from Los Angeles

My fav Minetta Tavern in the Village

1. Minetta Tavern (restaurant)

Yvonne from Brooklyn, New York

The The River Café in Brooklyn is a fabulous place to celebrate any occasion. Gorgeous views of Manhattan and excellent cuisine. Pricy but well worth it. Reserve early to get a table at the window.

1. The River Café (restaurant)
  2. Brooklyn (neighborhood)
  3. Manhattan (attraction)

Mary from Leicester

The US ESTA is not a visa. It is a visa waiver.

Neither an ESTA or any visa guarantees you entry to the US (or to any other country).

With either an ESTA or a US visa you can expect to be questioned by border officers (you'll also give all 10 fingerprints and have your photo taken with an ESTA..possibly with a visa too?) and, if officers wish, you can be questioned in more detail.

So it makes sense to have proof of onward travel (e.g. return flight booking), proof that you can support yourself during your stay (e.g. cash, credit cards), contact information for your hotel and suchlike....as well as, obviously, your passport...and have all that easily accessible to show if requested.

Hope you have a super trip to New York City and sorry I can't help with restaurants. I've been there five times but never eat in 'special' restaurants. :-)

1. New York City (city)