Laura
Buenos Aires

NYC in September: what to see on Broadway?

I'm going to NYC in September and would like to see a play, preferably a musical since English is not my language. 

Which Broadway show would you recommend?

Crystal from Anchorage

There are so many good options in New York City but my favorites for big Broadway in musicals has been The Lion King and Phantom of the Opera.

Happy Travels!

1. New York City (city)

allie from New York City

The Book of Mormon is hilarious, Wicked is great, and you can't go wrong with Phantom of the Opera.

Maybe the Lion King or Wicked?

Tonya Russ from Charlotte

If you like irreverent humor, loud music and drag queens. Hedwig and the Angry Inch.  Grab a Time Out New York when you arrive, it's a weekly magazine, it will have new openings, restaurants, museums.

Katie from Brooklyn

A really uplifting, entertaining musical I saw several months ago was "Beautiful," the Carole King musical. If you like her music you will definitely like the show! I did! Or, I recently saw "If/Then" starring Idina Menzel (from the original cast of "Rent" and "Wicked" and the voice of Elsa from "Frozen"...she's amazing). It was a good modern musical!

Rona from New York City

Any Broadway musical would be fun for you.  Tickets are quite expensive and may be hard for a specific show.  You might be interested in the half price ticket booth in Times Square - you must wait in line on the day of the shows, but you get tickets for half price.  There is bound to be at least one musical available. 

I did see Kinky Boots last year and that would be really fun even without understanding the dialog,

Nars from Boston

Beautiful: The Carole King Musical
Kinky Boots
Les Misérables

More options here:
http://www.ruebarue.com/new-york/collection/broadway

Laura from Buenos Aires

Spanish, I'm argentine

Jonathan from Durham (North Carolina)

What is your native language? 

Mobile