Erfan
Charlotte

Erfan from Charlotte asked

Most romantic restaurants in NYC??

Hello everyone,

I wanted to get your input on what are some of the most romantic restaurants in NYC? Maybe some options with some awesome views. I will be proposing to my girlfriend earlier that day, and want to take her to a nice restaurant after!

Thanks for the help!

New York City   Manhattan

Hoyt from New York City

View restaurants in NYC aren't going to do it. I suggest these (food, service, ambiance much better for your occasion): Daniel, Bouley or One if by Land, Two if by Sea.

1. Daniel (restaurant)
  2. Bouley (restaurant)
  3. One if by Land, Two if by Sea (restaurant)
Sofya from Brooklyn

I second One if by Land, Two if by Sea. My fiancé proposed there :) The setting, service and food quality are exceptional and the ambiance is extremely romantic. Think pianist, candles, white roses... Let them know you're celebrating ahead of time, they will bring you a plate of mini desserts and write a message on it at the end of your meal.

Grace from New York City

Gaonnuri Restaurant is a gourmet Korean restaurant in the heart of New York (Midtown). The name of the restaurant translates to center of the world, which I am sure how you and your soon to be fiancée will feel that day. Make reservations and request a window seat and I am sure they will be accommodating.

The Jersey in me loves the view of the city from the outside. Sail the Hudson with the North River Lobster Company, dive into fresh seafood and as Junot Diaz describes "the skies will be magnificent. Pollutants have made Jersey sunsets one of the wonders of the world".

My favorite affordable pre fixe menu is at The Modern, which does not have a view, but the menu and hospitality keeps me coming back. The ambiance is quiet and intimate. Be sure to make reservations in advance.

1. Gaonnuri Restaurant (restaurant)
  2. North River Lobster Company (restaurant)
  3. The Modern (restaurant)
Eva from New York City

Views and high quality food in NYC rarely go hand and hand. I have never been, but people love the The River Café

I agree with the Eleven Madison Park suggestion. 

Lincoln Restaurant, Lincoln Center has fountain views and is very good. 

On another popular Trip advising site, people on the NYC Forum will recommend a place called Robert, which has views, but is sort of known for mediocre food. You have been warned! 

1. The River Café (restaurant)
Susan from New York City

My friend was proposed to at Eleven Madison Park Restaurant - they will go out of their way to make it extra special for you. No views, by right by the park and the restaurant inside is beautiful. 

Or, do a trip out to Blue Hill At Stone Barns

If you want views, Per Se but be prepared to pay a lot

1. Eleven Madison Park Restaurant (restaurant)
  2. Blue Hill At Stone Barns (restaurant)
  3. Per Se (restaurant)