Shirley
Hoofddorp

Live TV show in September?

In September my friends and I would like to see a (live) tv show in NYC. What can you recommend? We like Jimmy Fallon but there seems to be no tickets available for September. We will be in town from 22-28 September.

Jamie from Harlem

My mother goes to these shows every week. Her current favorites are Kelly & Michael and The View. Jimmy Fallon is amazing if you can get tix, the show requires you to call a hotline instead of an online process(annoying). Also try Seth Meyers!

Tessa from New York City

HI Shirley,

No worries. It’s New York, and the options are endless.  I walk past half these studios on a daily basis so you don’t actually have to go very far as they are mostly concentrated in Midtown Manhattan particularly around Time Square.

The Late Night with David Letterman show actually films around 12:30 in the afternoon.  You can drop by the studio on 54th and  Broadway and queue for tickets. They usually start lining up about an hour so ahead of schedule.

The Wendy Williams show also records nearby around 10 a.m. and you can visit their website to get more info on that.  Also, Bethany (you know the skinny housewife with the skinny drink) also tapes in Manhattan as well as The Colbert report, Dr. Oz., The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, The Rachael Ray Show, SNL and The View. 

You might need to jump on some ticket reservations now because they do fill up.  And if you are a diehard fan of the classics, you can catch the Metro North train at Grand Central Station to Stamford Connecticut and check out ….The Jerry Springer Shoooooow!!!!

Check out this website below for more details. And let me know how it works out! September is a great month to visit NYC - the fall fashions, cooler weather, and also new autumn attitudes! (they tend to change with the seasons lol.)

http://www.nycgo.com/articles/tv-show-tapings

Happy Tripping!

Tessa

Andrea from Truckee, California

The Daily Show With Jon Stewart is a great show to see live! It's free. Just line up around 2:00-3:00pm and you should get in. I recommend grabbing some good food and drinks for while you wait in line. Hope you have fun!

1. The Daily Show With Jon Stewart (attraction)

Joanna from Los Angeles

If you are a fan of either The Daily Show or the Colbert Report, check online on their websites to see if they have tickets available for the dates you are there.  Tapings are free to attend and usually a pretty fun experience!