My wife and I will be in New York for just one day on a business trip stopover. Obviously I want to make the most of our time so can someone tell me if this schedule sounds right? We want to see some of the major sites, but also get a taste of the true New York experience.
•Explore Times Square
•have lunch at Guy Fieri’s restaurant
•Walk over to Rockefeller Center and see that
•See St. Patrick’s Cathedral
•Walk down to see Macy’s Herald Square and shop
•Take cab downtown to the South Street Seaport for dinner
Hey, Josh--your itinerary is doable but doesn’t really incorporate the “true New York experience” you said you’d like and does incorporate a few things that sound more exciting than they are (trust me--I grew up there). See if this appeals to you:
• Have a very quick look at Times Square(there’s almost nothing to really see here unless you’re really into Disney)
• Walk over to Rockefeller Centerand see that
• Head over to Radio City Music Halland take their tour (even though it’s touristy it’s fantastic)
• Take cab downtown to ABC Carpet and have dinner at ABC Kitchen or take cab downtown to Meatpacking district and have dinner (even if you just eat someplace moderate like Fig & Olive Restaurant it’s a much more interesting, less touristy area than South Street Seaport)
• Take an after-dinner stroll through either area or jump in a cab and go to Chelsea Market for dessert. I promise this is much, much better than South Street.
Mentioned in this answer: