Suzanne
Pasadena

I have been to NYC many times~ What is new that I should see/eat?

New York is such an exciting city! There are so many things to do, see, experience and best of all EAT! I am traveling next week and since I have been there many times, I am looking for places to see and places to eat that are relatively new. Thanks all and Happy Fourth of July!

Full disclosure: I have not been to Le District yet, but everyone I know who's been there says it's fantastic. It's like a French Eataly and the buzz is that it's amazing (my family lives there). 

If you haven't been to the rooftop garden/martini bar at the The Metropolitan Museum of Art, run, don't walk. I was there last time I was home and it's gorgeous. Amazing views of the city. 

You probably know this but the Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum has re-opened after three years of renovations. The South Street Seaport has been completely renovated and while I've never been a fan of this place, I have to say, it's pretty great now. 

I don't know how long you've been going to NYC, but if you remember Rizzoli Bookstore they're opening again this summer. This place had the most amazing art books and things no one else had. Hopefully it's as great as it was!

1. Le District (attraction)
  2. Eataly (restaurant)
  3. The Metropolitan Museum of Art (attraction)
  4. Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum (attraction)
  5. South Street Seaport (attraction)
  6. Rizzoli Bookstore (attraction)

Doug from Angelika Film Center & Cafe

The new Whitney Museum for sure. Pardon My French, a French style bistro on Ave. B is sweet.  Tacombi at Fonda Nolita is great for tacos or Cosme for upscale Mexican. The Calatrava Path Station is partially open and worth a look.  Il Laboratorio del Gelato for gelato on the LES (bigger store on Houston).  And a last stop at Pearl River Mart before they close forever.

1. Whitney Museum (attraction)
  2. Pardon My French (restaurant)
  3. Tacombi at Fonda Nolita (attraction)
  4. Il Laboratorio del Gelato (attraction)
  5. Pearl River Mart (attraction)

Joe

If you like a great secret whole in the wall that even some New Yorkers don't know about... Check out: Le Parker Meridien New York it's a hotel at 119 W56. Go in the front door thru the sitting lounge and look to the right for a large ceiling to floor red velvet curtain. Turn right and behold the best burgers and fries ever. Bring cash. Very cool. Enjoy the local New Yorker experience!

1. Le Parker Meridien New York (hotel)

Kim from New York City

If you haven't been in previous visits, definitely go to:

Shuko for an amazing omakase or kaiseki.

The new Danny Meyer place, Marta, for pizza. 

Ice & Vice for interesting ice cream flavors.

1. Shuko (restaurant)
  2. Marta (restaurant)
  3. Ice & Vice (restaurant)

Adam from New Jersey

The Highbridge recently re-opened.  It is a walkway on a bridge that was built as an aquaduct in the 19th Century.  Here is a an article NYT Article on the re-opening of the High Bridge.  It is new - opened in June.  Dig it and report back!

1. Highbridge (neighborhood)

Larry from Hopewell Junction

The Whitney Museum of American Artrecently opened in their new location in Chelsea. Their modern and contemporary art collection is definitely worth checking out.  You can walk the High Line Park  as well, before or after your visit.

1. Whitney Museum of American Art (attraction)
  2. High Line Park (attraction)

Adam from New Jersey

Also, on the food side, you might want to check out both Jackson Heights, NY which has all sorts of different ethnic food (how's that for random) and Golden Shopping Mall's food court (it is in the basement).  The Golden Shopping Mall food court is the thing that you'll be bragging to your friends about checking out.  It is kind of nuts.

Yelp Article on Golden Shopping Mall

Again: enjoy and report back!

1. Jackson Heights, NY (attraction)
  2. Golden Shopping Mall (attraction)

Suzanne from Pasadena

Thank you so much for your suggestions, I really appreciate it!