Debbie from San Francisco asked

Gyms/yoga studios in NYC

I want to keep exercising while I'm on the go.  Besides walks around the city and in Central Park (that's a given!), what else should I look into?  Any good gyms with day passes or yoga studios that I can drop into?

Drew from Angelika Film Center & Cafe

If you are looking for a great yoga studio, check out  Kula Yoga Project in TriBeCa.  It's up 3 flights of stairs, but the walk is worth it.  I'm partial to Kevin (i think he still teaches on Sunday).  They also have live music on Saturdays some times.

And if you are looking for authentic NYC workout experience,  SoulCycle Union Square is hard to beat.  You'll be riding with an army of alpha females, but then you came to work out.  Also, rumor has it that Jake Gyllenhaal hits the Union Square location.  That's good for a story.

I don't mind stairs, and to even think I might catch a glimpse of Jake Gyllenhaal makes me think I should pack my cycling shoes just in case. Ha. Thanks for the suggestions! :)

1. Kula Yoga Project (attraction)
  2. TriBeCa (neighborhood)
  3. SoulCycle Union Square (attraction)
Jason from San Diego

I know of a couple good yoga studios.  At Jivamukti Yoga School, kirtan chanting is always a part of the class.  An inspired form of yoga created by David Life and Sharon Gannon.  Pure Yoga is a gorgeous studio with enlightening teachers.

Thank you, these sound great!

1. Jivamukti Yoga School (attraction)
  2. Pure Yoga (attraction)