maria
Florida

Events on Fathers day in NYC?

I am looking for an event to go with my dad. Is there something free or cost friendly suggestions. I am coming from Florida to visit him there in NY.

Thank you

Brew from Manhattan Beach

Lots of great free things to do in NY as you can walk around and see so many iteresring landmarks and buildings that are famous, like Rockefeller Center, the Empire State Building, the Chrysler Building, Times Square (interesting to see, but not my favorite), etc. 

My favorite free things are the parks: Central Park is the classic and can be combined with a visit to The Metropolitan Museum of Art (not free but well worth the cost), Bryant Park always seems to have interesting activities going on during th summer and is surrounded by cool architecture, and Madison Square Park where you can grab a burger and shake or beer at Shake Shack

Another cool free thing to do are CitiBikes. These are bikes that are all over town that you can borrow or rent for cheap. Last summer I picked up a bike at Penn Station and rode all the way down to the World Trade Center. Along the way I rode along the Hudson River through a bunch of neighborhoods like the Village, Chelsea (New York), Meatpacking District, Battery Park, etc. Very cool way to see the city and a bike path takes you the whole way. It was very fun and cheap.

1. Rockefeller Center (attraction)
  2. Empire State Building (attraction)
  3. Chrysler Building (attraction)
  4. Central Park (attraction)
  5. The Metropolitan Museum of Art (attraction)
  6. Bryant Park (attraction)
  7. Madison Square Park (attraction)
  8. Shake Shack (restaurant)
  9. Penn Station (attraction)
  10. World Trade Center (attraction)
  11. Hudson River (attraction)
  12. Chelsea (New York) (attraction)
  13. Meatpacking District (neighborhood)
  14. Battery Park (neighborhood)