Suja
Pune

Best things to see in NYC in 3 days?

I will be in NYC for 3 days in sept and would like to make the most of it. I would love to do a walking tour maybe on all three days and would like to divide it all in such a way that I make the most of it... I'd like to include a broadway show too. How do I go about it? Would buying a New York pass for three days be worth it??

Hello Suja. I would suggest to walk the city. It is what I best do when I visit the New York City. That doesn't mean that I don't do other activities however September delights tourist with good weather  therefore walking would the best activity and a plus to take advantage of. First of all, get a map of the city and divide it in upper side, midtown and lower Manhattan and try to do as much as possible. I would start walking Central Park and enjoying the beauty of amazing places such as Bethesda Terrace, Bow Bridge, Central Park Zoo, Belvedere Castle, The Loeb Boathouse Central Park, Central Park Carousel, Strawberry Fields, American Museum of Natural History,among many others. Second day:  lower Mahattan. I would start walking Brooklyn Bridge, DUMBO, Chelsea Waterside Park, High Line ParkGreenwich Village, SoHo, Little Italy, Chinatown New York, Washington Square Arch, Financial District, etc. Last but not least, dedicate a day to walk 5th Ave, Times Square, pick a Broadway show (The Lion King is my fav), Bryant Park, Rockefeller Plaza, Empire State Bldg, NBC Studio Tour, etc. etc. etc. This is just a guide; you can choose and/or add as many activities as you want. I just can assure you that 3 days wont be enough to know this unique and breathtaking city. However, it will be the best excuse to come Back!!

Enjoy the city that never sleeps!!

PS - sharing some pics from my family album.

1. New York City (city)
  2. Central Park (attraction)
  3. Bethesda Terrace (attraction)
  4. Bow Bridge (attraction)
  5. Central Park Zoo (attraction)
  6. Belvedere Castle (attraction)
  7. The Loeb Boathouse Central Park (restaurant)
  8. Central Park Carousel (attraction)
  9. Strawberry Fields (attraction)
  10. American Museum of Natural History (attraction)
  11. Brooklyn Bridge (attraction)
  12. DUMBO (attraction)
  13. Chelsea Waterside Park (attraction)
  14. High Line Park (attraction)
  15. Greenwich Village (neighborhood)
  16. SoHo (neighborhood)
  17. Little Italy (neighborhood)
  18. Chinatown New York (neighborhood)
  19. Washington Square Arch (attraction)
  20. Financial District (attraction)
  21. 5th Ave (attraction)
  22. Times Square (attraction)
  23. The Lion King (attraction)
  24. Bryant Park (attraction)
  25. Rockefeller Plaza (attraction)
  26. Empire State Bldg (attraction)
  27. NBC Studio Tour (attraction)

Angela from Lompoc

I've been to NYC several times and the first time I was there for 4 days, bought the city pass and BAM, day one I rode that red bus around and got my NYC orientation.  I would recommend this if you don't actually have a New Yorker to show you around. You are able to hop on and off at any point and catch the next red bus you see... The bus goes into all the boroughs so you may want to read up on boroughs that you want to spend some time in.  Must do's: See a show on Broadway Times Square, take a horse-drawn carriage ride in Central Park, have high tea The Plaza, grab a pizza Lombardi's Pizza, check out Chinatown New York, try a speakeasy but please don't tell yelp which one you went to or you will ruin it, eat Eataly, pay tribute at Ground Zero Museum Workshop - so much to do but you can do a lot in three days!  Have a great time!

1. Times Square (metro area)
  2. Central Park (attraction)
  3. The Plaza (hotel)
  4. Lombardi's Pizza (restaurant)
  5. Chinatown New York (neighborhood)
  6. Eataly (restaurant)
  7. Ground Zero Museum Workshop (attraction)

Regan from Brooklyn

Here are my suggestions:  

You don't need a city pass. So many Broadway shows. The hottest right now are American In Paris, Fun Home , The King and I and The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time.  Best way is to get them online.  

1. Central Park (attraction)
  2. High Line Park (attraction)
  3. Wall St (attraction)
  4. Brooklyn Bridge (attraction)
  5. DUMBO (attraction)
  6. Chinatown New York (neighborhood)
  7. Nolita (attraction)
  8. SoHo (neighborhood)
  9. West Village (neighborhood)
  10. Times Square (attraction)
  11. Ellis Island (neighborhood)
  12. Empire State Bldg (attraction)
  13. Statue of Liberty (attraction)
  14. World Trade Center (attraction)

Bonnie from United States

Go to the Empire State Bldg at night-it's less crowded and beautiful. I think if you're really going to use the pass to go to museums then it would definitely be worth it. There are a ton of things you can do in NYC without the pass though. 

1. Empire State Bldg (attraction)

Sarah from Seattle

I've been to NYC a few times now and I think you can do plenty without a pass. One thing that is worth checking out is a walk along High Line Park and visit the Chelsea Market.

1. High Line Park (attraction)
  2. Chelsea Market (attraction)