Peter

Best running route in NYC?

This will be my first time heading to NYC when it's not freezing cold in the winter. I'd like to get a few runs in if I can!

I'm wondering where the best places are to get a good run in.

Details:

• I'll be staying in East Village
  • Routes anywhere between 2-10 miles (or more if it's worth it)

Connor from Venice Beach

Run West through the East Village, through the West Village, and all the way over to the West Side Highway (just over a mile).  Then just take a left and head South towards Battery Park.  There is a great running trail along the Hudson.

1. East Village (neighborhood)
  2. West Village (neighborhood)
  3. Battery Park (attraction)

Dave from New York City

If you go to Roosevelt Island on the f subway, it's just a few stops, then you can run around the island with views of Manhattan and Queens- 4 mile loop.

1. Roosevelt Island (attraction)
  2. Manhattan (region)
  3. Queens (neighborhood)

Hi Peter! I love NYC!! To me best places to run in New York are the parks. My favorite is Central Park where you can pick a trail, loop or run around its entire 6-mile perimeter or opt for the 1.58 mile run Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Reservoir. You can access it from 5th Ave or Central Park West. Another option is the E River Promenade between Jackson St and East 12th St.

Hope this helps!!

1. Central Park (attraction)
  2. Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Reservoir (attraction)
  3. 5th Ave (attraction)
  4. Central Park West (attraction)
  5. E River Promenade (attraction)
  6. Jackson St (attraction)

Hoyt from New York City

Hi. Staying in the East Village I suggest running dead east to the East River, and then go south. You'll go around the tip of NYC through Battery Park (which has been renovated and is beautiful, albeit touristy) and then run up the Hudson River. Wide running paths, views of the Statue of Liberty, boats, etc. make this the best run in the city. Run as far as you like knowing it is about 1.5 miles to cross the city back to your E Vill place. If you go up to the West Village along the Hudson you'll have your 10 mile run. Cheers.

1. East Village (neighborhood)
  2. Battery Park (attraction)
  3. Statue of Liberty (attraction)
  4. West Village (neighborhood)

Grace from New York City

I would make a trip to Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Reservoir, which is more like a track and about 1.5 miles and you can continue to run through the park or run down West Side River Park or go east for the East River Park, depending on your destination! Since you are in the East Village, I would consider running down the East River to LES or South Street Seaport. 

Philip from New York City

Good route along the East River - you can make it as long or as short as you want. Access on 20th Street, the path goes all the way around the tip of Manhattan and up the Hudson River on the west side. 

1. Manhattan (region)