Jorge
Mexico City

Jorge from Mexico City asked

Best restaurants in New York for Christmas?

Not too expensive. We´re a family of five. What are the best restaurants in NY for Christmas?

mia from Knoxville

any of the restaurants across the street from The Metropolitan Opera are reasonably priced compared to the 'New York Price' not to mention they each include a stunning view of the opera house all lit up with the fountain in front... #hearteyesemoji 

1. The Metropolitan Opera (attraction)
Raman from New York City

Tough one to answer without more specifications on what kinda food your're looking for. Cafe Mogador is one of my fav spots in nyc 

1. Cafe Mogador (restaurant)

Hola Jorge. I especially recommend two. Friend of a Farmer located in Gramercy Park. It has 2 fireplaces, homey atmosphere an exquisite American country/farm cuisine style. If you prefer European gastronomy, I also recommend Maison, a beautiful French bistro that offers Mediterranean tapas and roasted chicken at reasonable prices.

Hope this helps!

1. Friend of a Farmer (restaurant)
  2. Gramercy Park (neighborhood)
  3. Maison (restaurant)
Matt from New York City

There are lots of correct answers here, so I have some clarifying questions:

Why does the season matter? Are you looking for a restaurant that will emit a certain holiday vibe?

What are the ages of your children?

Do you prefer to make reservations, or to walk in whenever the family gets hungry?

Regan from Brooklyn

Can you give me an idea of budget per person? A modest NYC restaurant will run about 40 per person with tip and maybe one drink.

Andrea from Los Angeles

My strategy is to make lunch my high end meal when in NYC. That gives me the experience of a top-rated restaurant with less expense. Then dinner is more on the casual & fun side, usually offbeat ethnic cuisine. I use Zagat to help me locate the best choices for our family. My fave this year is @Balthazar, in Soho. Their moules frites is beyond awesome.