Mike

Mike from London asked

Best place to boulder

After a little bit of searching it looks like Brooklyn Boulders is a good spot. Is there anywhere else I should check out? I'm basically just looking for bouldering at this point.

Julia from Brooklyn

You might want to check out Chelsea Piers as well. There's a place in the "suburbs" of New York City called The Rock Club; it's in New Rochelle, a ~30 minute train ride from Grand Central Terminal

Climb on!

1. Chelsea Piers (attraction)
  2. The Rock Club (attraction)
  3. Grand Central Terminal (attraction)
Brian from Irvington

Same as rock climbing?  The Cliffs at LIC at Long Island city Queens I heard is good.  I've been to The Cliffs at Valhalla which is well run

http://www.thecliffsclimbing.com/

Great recommendations, Brian! Bouldering is a type of rock climbing that doesn't involve ropes and harnesses. Most climbing places should have. If you haven't tried it, you should! By the way, I'm a community manager here and I've helped you highlight the two The Cliffs in your answer on a map! In the future, you can do this yourself as you answer a question by simply typing the @-symbol followed by the name of the place. Take a look at your map next to your answer :)

1. The Cliffs at LIC (attraction)
  2. The Cliffs at Valhalla (attraction)
Liza from New York City

Not that this is a huge boulder, but if you're in Manhattan and want a quick climb Crunch has 2 story rock climbing wall!

1. Crunch (attraction)
William from Rhode Island

Shawangunk Mountains in New Paltz NY is a great place, about an hour and half out of the city but well worth it.   You'll need a car....

1. Shawangunk Mountains (attraction)