Julio
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

Best Shows on Broadway?

Can you recommend the best shows on Broadway money can buy (hopefully not much money)? Will be visiting the first week of August.

Thanks  :)

Megan from Winston Salem

Lion King was glorious for its costumes and set design. I'm dying to see Once The Musical and Book of Mormon.

Marilia from Lima, Peru

Mamma Mia for sure :) Another classic broadway show is Lion King

Judy from Sydney

What a shame that you've just missed Newsies! It's such a high energy show, and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing it a year or so ago (on Broadway).

Jersey Boys is #1 on my list for when I visit later this year.

It looks like the Lion King is on as well, which I've seen in Sydney - the costumes are amazing!

If you want to save a little money - look into getting your tickets on the day of the performance at the TKTS Times Square stand - you'll save quite a bit.

jj.

1. TKTS Times Square (attraction)

John from Monroe

I love Jersey Boys, the story of Frankie Valli and the 4 seasons.  Great musical with incredibly talented actors.  Prices are reasonable.  The Book of Mormon may be the funniest most outrageous thing I've ever seen.  Prices were high when I saw it a few years ago.  Totally worth it though.

Regan from Brooklyn

Broadway is having its best year ever.  The hottest show is Fun Home, a quirky musical about a gay woman growing up.  It won several Tonys a few weeks ago.  The others are An American in Paris (musical), The King and I (musical also, great cast) and The Curious Incident of the Dog in the NIghttime.  Those were all just Tony-nominated or won, so if they're hard to get tix, Kinky Boots, Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder are still great shows.