Arianna
Seattle, Washington

Best Restaurants In NYC

Looking for some recommendations for some of the best restaurants in NYC. I want to know your favorites.  Suggestions?  Open to any price/type!

Hello Arianna! To start the day I love to have breakfast at Le Pain Quotidien, pretty close to Park Central Hotel and just a few steps away from Central Park South. This restaurant offers different and exquisite breakfast dishes beside the coffee and the croissant that are also a must. Another restaurant that I recommend is Maison, a brassiere style located in Midtown (1700 Broadway / corner of 53rd & 7th). Excellent food (the spaghetti is delicious), nice environment and prices are very affordable. Every time I travel to NYC I visit this restaurant (especially for dinner). The Irish Pub is an excellent choice to have a beer, or a glass of wine. The food is also delicious.

My family, my friends and myself enjoy these places every time we go. Hope this help! Saludos!!

1. Le Pain Quotidien (restaurant)
  2. Park Central Hotel (attraction)
  3. Central Park South (attraction)
  4. Maison (restaurant)
  5. The Irish Pub (attraction)

Mike from New York City

I highly recommend a small chain of local made-to-order Chinese spots called Xi'an Famous Foods They make very unique ethnic Chinese dishes unlike anything I've had before and were featured on No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain. My favorite dish is the cold skin noodles and any of their ice cold floral tea drinks. 

1. Xi'an Famous Foods (restaurant)

Chris Lee from Malta

You should definitely check out The River Café in Brooklyn . 

It's a bit pricy but the views are fantastic ! 

1. The River Café (restaurant)

Jodi from Funchal

A hodgepodge of ideas from different places in town. 

1. The Chelsea Market has a bunch of different eats, really whatever you are looking for. Good Thai food, some lobster rolls if that's your thing, cheeses and meats if you want to take the food over to the High Line Park for a picnic.

2. Tacos - Try Taqueria Lower East Side, reasonable prices, fun ambiance, great food -- and no fajitas. Also taco fun at La Esquina and the crowded (don't go on a weekend) Cafe Habana for the best elote.

3. Drinks and great sandwiches/salads -- try the black kale Caesar salad (photo attached) at Black Tree, on Orchard Street.

4. If you like oysters, the East Village The Mermaid Inn's $1/oyster happy hour provides good people watching and eating.

5. Japanese okonomyaki is the BEST and available at Otafuku x Medetai on e. 9th street.

6. As recommended elsewhere, great smoky meat and veg skewers at Yakitori Totto, but be sure to get there just as they open else it's a long wait.

1. High Line Park (attraction)
  2. Taqueria Lower East Side (restaurant)
  3. La Esquina (restaurant)
  4. Cafe Habana (restaurant)
  5. Black Tree (restaurant)
  6. The Mermaid Inn (restaurant)
  7. Otafuku x Medetai (restaurant)
  8. Yakitori Totto (restaurant)
  9. Chelsea Market (attraction)

Daryl from Holmdel, New Jersey

La Mela. There is nothing special about the outside of this restaurant. There really isn't anything special about the inside either. However, they have the best Italian food I've ever had, that wasn't made by my Nonna, of course. I have been there half a dozen times and I still have never seen a menu. Which, made me a little nervous the first time I was there, because I am an extremely picky eater. But, I was more than pleasantly surprised. They bring out big plates of everything for the whole party to share and each dish is better than the last. So, If you're looking for something fancy, with waiters in tuxes and white linen tablecloths, this isn't the place. But if you are truly in search of great food and are in the mood for Italian and a little mystery and intrigue, then I highly, highly recommend this place.

1. La Mela (restaurant)

Kaley from Mobile

Some of my absolute favorite restaurants in New York are Cafe Henri - LIC for breakfast (amazing French toast, omelets, fresh fruit, etc.), Don Giovanni for some really great pizza and Artichoke Basille's Pizza & Brewery (we got a HUGE calzone and it was the best we'd ever had). 

All of these restaurants are on Facebook too!

1. Cafe Henri - LIC (restaurant)
  2. Don Giovanni (restaurant)
  3. Artichoke Basille's Pizza & Brewery (restaurant)

Danielle from United States

The Flat Iron District is one of my favorite neighborhoods in NYC. In it, you'll find a ton of great restaurants such as: ABC Kitchen, Eataly, Gramercy Tavern, Maialino and Craftbar.

Try Perla in the Village and The Spotted Pig, too.

1. ABC Kitchen (restaurant)
  2. Eataly (restaurant)
  3. Gramercy Tavern (restaurant)
  4. Maialino (restaurant)
  5. Craftbar (restaurant)
  6. Perla (restaurant)
  7. The Spotted Pig (restaurant)

Toufic from Lebanon

Too many restaurants to choose from!

i had so many restaurants i wanted to check out during my stay but only caught a few.

I went to this sushi restaurant called Sushi Sekithat made me feel i was transported to Tokyo when i entered the place. Very authentic and very good food.

One of my friends recommended this great mexican restaurant by famous NY chef Julian Medina Toloache close to Times Square. Great Guacamole and Soft Tacos! 

1. Sushi Seki (restaurant)
  2. Toloache (restaurant)

Nathaniel from London

Arianna... I LOVE to eat :-) !

NYC has so much variety and choosing a favorite will be hard. Here are my top picks:

1. Buddakan
  2. STK Downtown
  3. Lure Fishbar
  4. Balthazar Restaurant
  5. SUSHISAMBA (West Village)
  6. The Dutch
  7. Aquagrill
  8. David Burke Kitchen
  9. CATCH ROOF
  10. Spice Market

I hope this was not too overwhelming. Any questions, ask!

Nathan

1. Buddakan (restaurant)
  2. STK Downtown (restaurant)
  3. Lure Fishbar (restaurant)
  4. Balthazar Restaurant (restaurant)
  5. SUSHISAMBA (attraction)
  6. The Dutch (restaurant)
  7. Aquagrill (attraction)
  8. David Burke Kitchen (restaurant)
  9. CATCH ROOF (attraction)
  10. Spice Market (restaurant)

raymundo from Jacksonville

My favorite place to have lunch is Ippudo NY they have the best Ramen Noodles and my favorite dessert spot is Rice To Riches .

1. Ippudo NY (restaurant)
  2. Rice To Riches (restaurant)

Kristin

Depends on how much you are willing to pay but I LOVE Five Napkin Burger on the corner of 45th and 9th ave. 

1. Five Napkin Burger (restaurant)

renee from New York City

Hi Arianna, 

There are so many great places it's hard to concentrate on just a few... I like to consider myself pretty knowledgable in this area so I hope it helps! 

GemmaLure FishbarMexicana MamaMaialinoMerc BarBlue Ribbon SushiBarbouniaTiny's and the Bar UpstairsDe SantosThe Smith RestaurantCafé Gitane

1. Gemma (restaurant)
  2. Lure Fishbar (restaurant)
  3. Mexicana Mama (restaurant)
  4. Maialino (restaurant)
  5. Merc Bar (restaurant)
  6. Barbounia (restaurant)
  7. Tiny's and the Bar Upstairs (restaurant)
  8. De Santos (restaurant)
  9. The Smith Restaurant (restaurant)
  10. Café Gitane (restaurant)
  11. Blue Ribbon Sushi (restaurant)

Tara from Tel Aviv

Hey!  I'm a New Yorker, I actually live in Tel Aviv now, but was just back in New York for a few days.  My favorite place to eat, hands down is Westville.  There are about 4 locations now, very fresh ingredients.  You can get a plate of "market sides", 4 of them, and feel full and satisfied after, and it is very healthy.

Westville: http://www.westvillenyc.com/

I also tried Dimes in Chinatown while I was in town and had a delicious acai bowl.

Dimes: http://dimesnyc.com/

If you want more of an undergeound local dinner club scene, there is this website that sets you up with locals to eat in their homes called EatWith.

Here is the link: www.eatwith.com

Hope this helps!

1. Dimes (restaurant)

Nathan from Long Beach, New York

Depends on what you are looking for ;D 

If you are looking for the Day to Day best eats for $:

Try this foursquare list

If fancy and $$$ - $$$$ is your calling go with:

my foursqaure dine in style list