Courtney

Courtney from Los Angeles asked

Anyone know a good Greek restaurant?

I'm trying to find a good Greek restaurant for lunch. Hoping to find one in the Flatiron and/or Kips Bay and/or Gramercy Park district but that's not essential. Something in the $50/per person range (without drinks) would be about right. Would love a place with especially good spanikopita.

Spencer from New York City

If you're looking for high end Greek, check out Estiatorio Milos or Fig & Olive Restaurant

Middle ground: ilili or Pylos

For a more casual bite, you've got to go to Uncle Nick's Greek Cuisine. Or the ultra casual falafel spot Mamoun's

See more of my Travel Advice on TripKnowledgy.com

Courtney
These look great, Spencer--I'm a big fan of Fig and Olive and the other ones look great! Thanks so much!

Courtney
Spencer--I tried Nick's while I was home and wow! Great, great food--the spanikopita was to die for and the potatoes were phenomenal! Thanks so much for the rec!

1. Estiatorio Milos (restaurant)
  2. Fig & Olive Restaurant (restaurant)
  3. ilili (restaurant)
  4. Pylos (restaurant)
  5. Uncle Nick's Greek Cuisine (restaurant)
  6. Mamoun's (restaurant)
Elena from Los Angeles

For Greek food you should really venture to Astoria, preferably Taverna Kyclades BUT if you must stay in the city, I've heard wonderful things about Pylos

Molyvos is also quite good. It's more upscale and better if you're doing a business lunch.

Courtney
This is great, Elena! I totally forgot about Astoria's Greek restaurants! I'll make sure to check at least one of these out!

1. Taverna Kyclades (restaurant)
  2. Pylos (restaurant)
  3. Molyvos (restaurant)
Grace from New York City

Periyali and ilili are delicious Greek/Mediterranean options in Flat Iron. The grilled octopus at Periyali is perfection! I like Molyvos as well, but they are in Midtown and do not serve lemon potatoes during lunch, which is a deal breaker for me. Enjoy!

Courtney
Ha, ha! You have high standards, Grace! I'm not as vehement about lemon potatoes myself, but maybe I'll hit them at dinner time instead even so!

Courtney
Thanks so much!

1. Periyali (restaurant)
  2. ilili (restaurant)
  3. Molyvos (restaurant)
David

Astoria, Queens is where to find it. Aliada is what I recommend.

Courtney
Looks like I need to head to Astoria!!! Thanks, David!!!

1. Astoria (metro area)
  2. Aliada (restaurant)
Ari

Go to Ethos on 33rd and 3rd.  Very authentic and good.

Courtney
Thanks so much, Ari--that's within walking distance of my parents' so that's great!

1. Ethos (restaurant)
Tessa from New York City

HI Courtney I don't know anything about Lunch BUT.........

But there is an amazing and authentic Greek Pastry shop in Hell's Kitchen on 9th avenue in Manhattan. It's called Poseidon Greek Bakery

It's got a lot of history and the best damn Baklava. The lady has owned it for years and her parents owned it before that.  She runs the bakery with her sons now.  Stop in for some pastry and a chat and then head over to one of the many bars on the strip for a cocktail.

Tessa

1. Hell's Kitchen (restaurant)
  2. Poseidon Greek Bakery (restaurant)
Jen from New York City

Milos Cafe is by far the best Greek in Manhattan. The pre-fixe lunch menu is a steal-http://milos.ca/restaurants/new-york/menus/lunch--2  One of the options comes with a little spinach pie but for $27.50 per person for the whole lunch, you can afford to get an extra one of whatever you want more of on the side.  It's up a little higher than you requested on 55th between 6th and 7th but it is worth it.  Very airy and pretty decor...white umbrellas like Mykonos, and lots of the staff is actually Greek.   

1. Milos Cafe (restaurant)
Matt from New York City

Kefi Restaurant is a great Greek restaurant in the Upper West Side. Kind of place where every dish is delicious and the value is even better. Worth a look.

1. Kefi Restaurant (restaurant)