Gary

New Orleans

Whats the best wine spot I can check out in New Orleans

I'll be in NOLA for literally one night. A Tuesday night. I won't have much time to explore this trip but I want to see the best

• wine bar and/or
  • wine shop
  • quality/local experience required
  • bonus points for Tuesday night special activities. 

Thanks in advance!

Dawn from Madison/Nashville

Oak Wine Bar or The Delachaise. I wanted to make it to Swirl Sensational Wines, but I never did. 

1. Oak Wine Bar (attraction)
  2. The Delachaise (attraction)
  3. Swirl Sensational Wines (attraction)

Andrew from Los Angeles

So as a New Orleans native I would recommend The Delachaise if you were looking to wet your whistle with some good wine. This is a Zagat rated spot that is right on the streetcar line on St. Charles Ave that is always voted the number one wine bar by New Orleans locals. Great place to sit inside but there is nothing better than sitting outside watching the foot traffic and the street cars. This place only gets better at night. Trust me you won't be disappointed.

They have some of the best wine deals in town and all the bartenders are very knowledgeable about the selections they have. Every night the have a $5 red, white, rose and bubbly. Always a pretty decent glass for that deal.

The food is great and chef R.J. Tsarov is doing some interesting things. You have to get the duck fat fries. Cheese plate is great, chef's choice is always the way to go. The shrimp clemenceau is one of my favorites. The menu is full of other unique small plate options though. Anyways, I hope this helps and that you enjoy your stay!

1. The Delachaise (attraction)

You have to go to the Wine Institute New Orleans (W.I.N.O.)! It's in the CBD, a slightly less happening part of town, at least compared to the French Quarter, but I considered it a great find. I very randomly stumbled upon it and had a great experience. 

It's one of those places where you are given a card and a glass and there are machines hooked up with wines. You can use the card to purchase pours of wine from these machines.

They have 120 wines on tap and they're organized by varietal and region.  There are descriptions and tasting notes by each wine.  You can choose between 1, 2, or 4 ounce pours and try as little or as much as you want at your own leisure.

They have mostly wine, plus a few spirits and liqueurs. They also have some food, like charcuterie plates.  It has a modern feel with a really awesome and chill ambiance. By chance, I met an awesome couple there who were actually NOLA natives and ended up giving me great restaurant recommendations.

Let me know if you'd like any other suggestions. Laissez les bons temps rouler!

1. Wine Institute New Orleans (W.I.N.O.) (attraction)

Shane from Peoria, Illinois

nathan from Athol, Id

I don't know about wine, but if you're lucky enough to have a cocktail crafted by Chris McMillian over at Kingfish you'll have something to write home to your friends about...google him.

1. Kingfish (restaurant)

Josh from New Orleans

All the recommendations above are great.  I would add for a unique flare try Bacchanal Wine.  Nothing sophisticated but some live music some commando kitchen in the back.  It is off the regular path so I would definitely head over and check this place out.

1. Bacchanal Wine (attraction)

Jerry from Colorado

Mr. B's Bistro excellent Gumbo Yaya, good wine selection, top service, very pleasant atmosphere....

1. Mr. B's Bistro (restaurant)

Robert from Vancouver

1. Swirl Sensational Wines (attraction)