Hannah
West Hartford, Connecticut

New Orleans

What's the best way to get from MSY to the French Quarter?

My husband and I are taking our two young children to NOLA next month and we were wondering what the most cost-effective way to travel from MSY to the French Quarter is.  Unfortunately, our hotel does not offer shuttle service, so should I book an airport shuttle in advance?  I just don't want to be stranded at an airport with two kids!

For a party of four, especially with two young children, definitely take a cab.  It will be cheaper and faster than taking an airport shuttle.  From MSY to anywhere around the Garden District, Central Business District, or French Quarters, cabs charge a flat rate.  Last I was there in late 2012, they charged $38, which is reasonable.  You can hail a cab anywhere at arrivals, but it would probably just be easier for you to go wait in the designated taxi line.  Just follow the signs at MSY.  There will likely be a line, but don't worry, the line moves quick as there are always cabs coming and going.

Laissez les bon temps roulez! :)

Road from Baton Rouge

Taxi is the only way really