Melissa
Metro Manila

New Orleans

Things to see and do in the Big Easy

I'm going to New Orleans next week for a conference and I'd like to see a couple of cannot-miss sights while I'm there. Any suggestions? Good places to eat at and drink are also welcome, not too fancy but would definitely give me an idea about the food culture of the city. Thanks!

Tim from River Ridge, Louisiana

Hey Melissa!  I am born and raised here in New Orleans.  You are coming at a great time of year....the weather is perfect.  Obviously, you need to spend time just walking around the French Quarter.  Depending on how much time you have, you could spend all day just walking around, antique shopping on Royal St or strolling through the French Market.  Make sure you go eat beignets at Café du Monde.  Our Audubon Zoo and Audubon Aquarium of the Americas are wonderful.  If you have time, you could also take a swamp tour.  Some of our favorite places to eat are Cafe GiovanniPalace CaféThe Pelican Club and GW Fins.  Let me know if you have other questions.

1. French Quarter (restaurant)
  2. Royal St (attraction)
  3. French Market (attraction)
  4. Café du Monde (restaurant)
  5. Audubon Zoo (attraction)
  6. Audubon Aquarium of the Americas (attraction)
  7. Cafe Giovanni (restaurant)
  8. Palace Café (restaurant)
  9. The Pelican Club (restaurant)
  10. GW Fins (restaurant)

Diana from Cinnaminson, New Jersey

so many wonderful places to eat and drink in NOLA! So much to do!

Some of my favorites and recommendations:

I highly recommend a bike tour, I forget the name of the company I used, but they are fabulous (and in my blog)

Also, its kind of touristy but I loved the swamp tour to see the gators :)

restaurants:

Commander's Palace Restaurant (amazing chef's lunch tasting menu PLUS 25 cent martini's!!!)

The Ruby Slipper (incredible breakfast)

I have tons of pics and more thorough reviews in my blog, feel free to check it out :)

http://coffeechalk.wordpress.com/2014/06/30/nola-trip/

Enjoy , it was one of my most favorite trips!!!

1. Commander's Palace Restaurant (restaurant)
  2. The Ruby Slipper (restaurant)