Ami
Manhattan Beach

Ami from Manhattan Beach asked

Hotel recommendations in or near French Quarter?

Planning on heading to New Orleans in August and don't even know where to start. Any hotel recommendations? Something maybe under $200/night. We're in our late 30s, escaping the kids so something nice where we can relax but also enjoy the city

New Orleans (Louisiana)

Melissa from Chicago

I have stayed at the Hotel St. Marie at least three times on my visits to NOLA. It is nice, clean, and has local ownership. The staff was nice and it has a cute courtyard pool area. You can sometimes find good rates directly on their website. The location is great...off Bourbon so not too loud, but close enough to be steps away. You can taxi or take a longer walk to get over to Frenchmen Street. In my experience, you don't spend much time in the room while in NOLA...so this hotel has always worked for me! :)

1. Hotel St. Marie (hotel)
  2. Frenchmen Street (attraction)
Irene from Pretoria

Hotel Monteleone.  One of the best Hotels I have ever stayed in.  Great food, accommodation, ambience and in the French Quarter.

Ami
that's where we're thinking. thank you!

Josh from Baton Rouge

You can definitely get something in the French Quarter for under $200 per night.  I would recommend The Westin New Orleans Canal Place as it is close to Audubon Aquarium of the AmericasHarrah's New Orleans Hotel, and great shopping The Shops at Canal Place.  Other options might be Bourbon Orleans Hotel, or if you can find it on sale even Hotel Monteleone or The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans may be under $200.  Look through my other answers if you want some recommendations or just comment with any further questions.  Have a great time!