Aude

New Orleans

Best time of the year?

Hello there! I want to go to New Orleans for a long week end. When is the best time of the year to go with my husby for a romantic gateway? What would you recommend to see and do there? 

How fun!  Weather- and event-wise, it's nice during Mardi Gras and Jazzfest. Both bookend the spring'ish time. Just expect there to be a lot of people, so if you like crowds and festivals, that's the time to visit.

Spring and fall are probably the best time to visit temperature-wise (though there might be a chance of some tumultuous weather during certain times in the fall).

Summer will be sweltering hot, if you don't mind. I've actually been for a weekend during the winter, in December, and the weather was actually pretty nice.. It rained a little, but I was still able to wear a dress and a cardigan at night comfortably/without freezing. Save for a few snowball stands, all the other shops were open and there were plenty of people around.

Pretty much unless there's a hurricane, any other time would be a great time to visit NOLA :)

There's a very similar question on Trippy right over here, so you can refer to it for more insight!

1. Mardi Gras (attraction)
  2. Jazzfest (attraction)

October is a great time in New Orleans, still warm enough but not steamy.  The Roosevelt New Orleans is quite nice, old and romantic.  I love just walking around the French Quarter, or take in the aquarium.  Make sure to visit the Garden District!  The homes are amazing!

1. The Roosevelt New Orleans (hotel)

Marissa from Boulder

I've been there twice in March and it's been great weather, not too hot and not too cold. Make sure you take some time to walk around the French Quarter-you're sure to run into some great street performers here. I'm also a big fan of taking some time to see the variety of artwork all across Jackson Square. Finally, stop by the French Market to get a little taste of New Orleans and explore some great shops. 

1. French Quarter (restaurant)
  2. Jackson Square (attraction)
  3. French Market (attraction)