Victoria
Punta Cana

New Orleans

5 Days with 20 friends for a 40th Bday, What to do?

Im turning 40 in August and my dream was to do it in NOLA & friends want to come. Looking for good food, strong drinks, live music, art and good place to celebrate my birthday at. We are most from the Caribbean so no worries about weather.  But I dont know where to start looking to set up guided tours, excursions or pub crawls. This group is pretty eclectic but mostly laid back, no frills but mostly all really into Food 

Any help welcomed. 

norman from New Orleans

1. Bourbon Street (attraction)

Melissa from Chicago

New Orleans is amazing! I love it. For tours, I highly recommend a bike tour. Look into the Confederacy of Cruisers Bike Tours and the Ninth Ward Rebirth Bike Tours. A swamp tour can be fun. The tours will pick you up at your hotel. Besides alligator spotting, the swamp is really beautiful. Pay the extra to go on the smallest airboat. I honestly can't remember what tour operator we used, but I am sure you can find a good one on trip advisor. I have also done haunted tours at night and a voodoo tour during the day...we may have booked them through Marie Laveau's House Of Voodoo. That is a fun place to visit and get a reading done (if you aren't too scared!) A walk through the cemeteries and Louis Armstrong Park is nice. 

For food, I recommend Café du MondeCoop's PlaceStanleyMagnolia GrillGW FinsBayona, and visit the bar at Restaurant R'evolution for the crab beignets and crafty cocktails.

I love shopping on Royal St. There are a variety of shops selling all sorts of goods (I love the art galleries and antique stores) and usually street performers playing awesome music.

For music, hit Frenchmen Street...especially when you are sick of Bourbon Street (although it is still really fun and there is great people watching). Definitely have a drink at Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop. It is dark and really cool.

NOLA is an amazing place...you will have a great time! I also spent my 40th birthday there :)