Kristi asked

Driving to New Haven, what to stop and see on the way

Driving from Wisconsin to New Haven, Connecticut. What can we, see and do on the way? 

New Haven (Connecticut)   Wisconsin (WI)

To go from Milwaukee to New Haven there are three possible routes once you get to Cleveland You will go through Chicago where there are a myriad of things to do, and through Gary, South Bend Toledo (Ohio) and you get to Elyria

The southern route takes I-80 through Youngstown (Ohio), Stroudsburg around Philadelphia and across the Tappen Zee bridge at Sleepy Hollow (New York)and then up the coast via Bridgeport (Connecticut)

The middle route goes up the coast of Lake Erie to Erieand then takes I-84 to Binghamton and then US 17 down to near West Point (New York) and then through DanburyRochester (New York)

The north route goes from Erie all the way up to Buffalo and  Rochester (New York)and then take I-90 to Albany (New York) and Springfield (Massachusetts)and then I-91 down through Hartford to New London

The difference in time is about 25 minutes. 

Claudia from New York City

Hi Kristi,

You didn't mention where you'll start in Wisconsin and who you're traveling with - young kids or just adults. Assuming you're traveling on I80 and with kids, I would stop at the following places:

Hope this info helps.